-58-

CHAPTER 58 | FORGOTTEN ARRANGEMENT

Jesse's P.O.V.

"So," one of my closest friends began to speak as he sat down, "when are we going to see this mate of yours?"

"Yeah, where is this so-called white wolf at," tease another with a smirk on his face, "I came early to see this white wolf."

"You guys are too damn nosy for your own good," I pointed out, trying to keep them from getting on my nerves, "he should be starting here tomorrow. I want all of you to be on your best behavior."

Once, I told them that I claimed someone, who is also a white wolf. They have been asking endless questions. Also, they want to see Pyro as proof since there has never been a male that has been blessed by Lupa Pawa. I think they are curious because I claimed a guy instead of a female. They are still finding it hard to believe, and part of me feels the same.

"Who would have thought Jesse would get mated up before he had to," Gus jokily said, placing both his hands on his chest as if it was hurting, "and with a white wolf no less. Him being a white wolf makes up for him being a guy, though it is hard seeing you with a guy."

"That is if he is what Jesse said he is," said Jared walking up to the table and sitting at the other end with his mate, Lisa, a water howler.

Jared White is the future beta of a rival pack of mines, but we try to keep it peaceful between our pack members that go to this school. He was sort of popular since he was the captain of the basketball team and claimed the girl I banged just days of me running to Aoki in the forest. It was weird seeing Lisa because it reminded me of how long it was since I last got laid.

"Don't get mad cause you claimed his leftovers," Susi spat out in laughter, making our whole table laugh, besides Jared and Lisa, who just stared daggers at us.

"I'm no one leftovers, you just mad that you didn't get a chance to sleep with him," Lisa spat out, quickly to address  Susi's comment.

Those two never got along. Even in middle school, they were at each other's throats.

"He's like a brother to me," Susi gasps in disgust, "if anything, I'm trying to keep him away from your nasty ass."

"Ladies," I cut in, waving an arm between them to get both of their attention, "I'm flattered that you two have feelings for me. I don't blame you; I'm hard to resist. But, sadly, I am taking, you two should be ashamed to be fighting over a guy who is taken."

Lisa just looked at me with narrow eyes while everyone burst out laughing. A few others soon join in the laughter. Moments later, Jared and Lisa went to sit at a different table, mumbling under their breath as usual.

Those two can never take a joke. They seem perfect for each other.

"Anyway, how have you two been getting along?" Kyle asked curiously.

"Okay, I guess he is harder to figure out since he is a guy," I told them truthfully, rubbing the back of my head, sort of shy on that subject since I was known for being able to get into any girl's pants with just a sentence.

Now, it was like I was in a maze trying to figure out Pyro. I know my wolf knows he is a perfect match for us, and his wolf submitted to us knew we are worthy of them. Pyro doesn't give hits on what he is feeling, and when we are around each other, he keeps his poker face on. I know it's going to take time, but I wish I could at least get a hint as to how long it will take for him to fully warm up to me.

"With time, you two will be fine," said Ylva sitting down two chairs down from me. Her boyfriend sat down next to her "this is something different for the both of you. Pyro didn't plan on getting claimed by anyone, and definitely not by someone like you."

"Like me," I repeated.

"Yeah, someone who is future alpha, a jock, and the list goes on," she said bluntly, not sugar coating a word for me.

I wonder if he does see me as all those things still?

"Why did your parents name him Pyro?" someone at the table asked.

"When Pyro was born, our mother looked into his eyes and could tell that he had a fire that couldn't be tame. A fire that would burn brightly no matter how heavy the rain may fall," Ylva had a faint smirk as she spoke about Pyro, "So far, he beat death, managing being mated to Jesse, a future alpha, and being a male walking goddess."

"You act like being mated to me is work," I joke trying to lighten the moment from what Ylva just told everyone.

"I think being mated to an alpha, beta, or gamma is hard work," Ylva  glances around the table before turning her attention on me, "They may not have as many duties as their mate, but the workload can be overwhelming for some."

"He has gone through a lot, but he has me now," I told her, honestly wanting her to know that Pyro is in good hands.

"I know," Ylva went on to say with a smile, "But I will try my best to keep this transition for Pyro as smooth as I can."

"So you are Jesse," said a high feminine voice in a curious tone, turning to see a beautiful female walking towards us with two guys by her side.

It didn't take me long to realize she must be the future alpha herself, and the two guys were her bodyguards. It's rare to see a future female alpha, and when there is one, she is always protected when she leaves her pack's territory.

"And you are?"

I couldn't help but felt like I met her before, but I couldn't place her face.

"Aura, future alpha of the Silvermist Pack," she formally said to the whole table before turning her dark brown eyes in my direction,  "and I'm your mate."

"What!" the whole table yelled in disbelief.

"See," she pulled out folded papers from her back pocket and unfolded it, "our parents arranged us to be mates when we were six years old. Since then, I have been waiting to meet you again."

Suddenly, a wave of lost memories overwhelmed me, leaving me speechless. I remembered our parents talking about an arrangement if specific terms were met and that we would meet later in our teen years. But since that night, our packs never stayed in contact with each other.

Though she is beautiful, my wolf and I already have a mate. And from what I could remember, my wolf never showed any signs of being interested in her or her wolf.

"Part of our arrangement is that," Aura looked at the papers that she held in her hands, "I shall live with you when I am of age."

"Damn."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!!!!

-AJ Pharaoh