ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛꜱ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚
~ the twist of events ~

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Alright everybody, the show's over." Captain Drinian shooed the crowd away, forcing them to continue their chores before dismissing himself with a respectful nod towards the trio of royalty.

Edmund stood frozen in his stance, confused and hurt written clearly over his features. His heart ached at seeing Natalia being scared of him. What had he done wrong? Why was she scared?

Lucy turned to Caspian who had a furious frown on his face. "What in the name of Aslan was that?" She asked curiously, having never seen anybody as scared as Natalia was.

Caspian cleared his throat. "Um. It's a long story." He stated, unable to explain anything else.

Edmund, who had recovered from his shocked freeze and put on an emotionless mask, turned to the man in similar confusion. "Well, we're not going anywhere."

Caspian nodded at Reepicheep, who understood the wordless transaction before scurrying off, and lead the pair of siblings to a couple of barrels where he sat them down to talk. "Nat.. She arrived here a month ago, with water in her lungs and a deathly complexion." He started hesitantly, looking at the stern gazes of Edmund and his little sister. "She was different. She is different. We have no idea what happened to her. She wouldn't tell us."

"It took a while for her to even leave the room, but she did. I suppose something traumatic happened to her while she was at Hog-" He paused. "Home." He covered up, knowing that they didn't know exactly who she was. "Seeing you must've triggered something." Caspian explained vaguely.

Lucy noticed the tense atmosphere between the two boys. "Jesus, Ed. It's always you." She joked, softly punching her brother in the arm.

"This is not a funny matter Lu." Edmund scoffed before walking away. "I need to think." He stated.

Caspian sighed in his direction before turning to the girl. "Come on, let's get you out of those wet clothes."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Soft sobs and tiny whimpers could be heard through the thin door, naturally amplified by Reepicheep's big ears, he could her physically shaking against the floor. He closed his tiny fist, knocking on the door lightly, carefully, knowing that she would jump at the tiniest noises. "It's me." He whispered through the small gap in the door.

The click of the door unlocking was heard as it opened an inch big enough for him to squeeze in before locking itself up again. Reepicheep sighed and wrapped his tiny arms around the trembling girl. He usually wasn't one for wholesome interactions, but for Natalia, he would do anything.

"It's alright, Nattycakes. It's just King Edmund." He cooed beside her ear. The familiar nickname caused her crying to slow into sniffles. Nattycakes. Her father calls her that. "Merlin, Reep. He reminded me so much of him." Natalia croaked, tears staining her cheeks.

"But he's not him. And you know that."

Reepicheep pulled out a napkin, offering it to the trembling girl who accepted it graciously. He could smell blood. From where?

He analyzed the girl, noticing that her hands reeked a metallic scent. He could see faint scratches disappearing under the sleeves of her jumper, causing him to pull her sleeve up. The sight knocked the air out of him. Her wrist was bloody, with multiple scratches all over them. There were also scabs along her arm. Lines and lines of scab.