ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛʜ ʏᴇᴀʀ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙
~ the end of fourth year ~

──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ────

Weeks had past since the whole dream. It was nearing the end of the school year, meaning examinations were coming up, I had went to the library to study up on my worst subject, Herbology. 

I ended up spending most of my time attempting to ignore the gut feeling I had that kept telling me I was forgetting something. I remember that dream as clear as day. The feeling of my throat slashed apart, the rush of the wind in my face as I flew with Caspian over the sunny blue skies of Narnia. The freckles on Edmund's face. His cheeky smile and stern gaze. It's funny how my brain could think up of all these characters and be so specific about them. 

Of course, that's all they were. Characters of a dream. An oddly specific dream, but a dream nonetheless. 

There's no such thing as Narnia, and no such thing as Telmar and talking rodents. 

Occasionally, I found myself reaching for my throat. More specifically the area where my throat was 'slashed'. There was no scar, no proof that it actually happened. But that area has felt tingly ever since the dream. How I wish it was real. Maybe my knight in shining armor could come and save me from lessons.

I scoffed at the thought. Kingly knights, warrior queens. They only exist in old folk's tales. Bedtime stories to get little children to sleep.

Tightening my tie, I gathered my books of the library table and set off to Transfiguration. My favorite subject, taught by Professor Dumbledore. Today, we were going to learn about the vanishing spell. It may not sound that fun but it could be very useful in future pranks. I mean- it might be useful for certain job qualifications.

──── ⋅◈⋅ ────

I sat myself down at the usual seat, waiting for my friends to show up. Before Transfigurations, I had a free period while most of them took divination. I shudder at the thought of the spooky subject. Who cares about knowing what our fates were, I'd rather live a life filled with ignorance and bliss. 

Transfigurations class was shared with the Puffs this year. It was a relief to have at least one class away from those slimy snakes. I organized my desk as students began to flood the room. Finally, Andrea and Margerie entered the class, sitting at both sides of me, followed by the Professor. 

I sat up straight behind my desk and focused on his chatter about the lesson overview. He also lectured us about the upcoming examinations. 

Margerie sagged in her seat as she huffed at the mention of the examinations. "What's up with you?" I whispered to her, an eyebrow raised. "I'm worried for my exams." She replied.

"She's lagging behind in Divination, Charms and Potions." Andrea explained softly, taking down notes on a little notebook that she had labelled 'transfigurations'.  I suppose it helps her recall things taught in class better considering she's one of the smartest among us. 

Hm maybe I should try doing that too. It might help me with Herbology.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?" Margerie yelled quietly at me. "I'm telling you, if I fail my OWLs next year, I'm going to jump off the astronomy tower, only to get resurrected by my parents so that they could kill me themselves and then Julius will bring me back to life only to bury me alive for leaving him alone with you guys."