ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜʀᴅᴇʀ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠
~ the one with the murder ~

──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ────

Laila began cackling manically. "Answer me!" I roared, hot tears running down my face.

"Itty bitty baby Longbottom." She grinned. "A dryad's soul is linked to her tree. The trees' retreat only made her weak. It made her vulnerable to death."

My stomach dropped. My sight hazy, my arms trembling. "What did you do?" I asked softly. Not believing my ears. I stared at the ground, breathing unevenly. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY MOTHER?"

Laila laughed in responce. "She shouldn't have left me. She shouldn't have chosen that stupid wizard over her own sister." The room temperature dropped, colder than the worst winters at in England. "She shouldn't have packed up all her things, taking everything and everyone with her." She snarled at me.

"And now, I just need to take care of you."

I wiped at the tears streaming down my cheeks. "Just take what you want! Leave me alone."

Laila scoffed. "You don't get it don't you? I can't have anything if you're alive!" She lunged forward, grabbing my wand and throwing it away. She straddled me, holding my arms above my head and using what felt like the root of a tree to keep it there, leaving me defenseless.

"Don't worry, I'll make it fast." She grinned. "You won't even know what hit you."

Suddenly, I felt as though my energy was being drained. I had no more will to live. No more will to fight. I was tired, and I couldn't even move a muscle.

She looked down at me, her lips in a satisfactory smirk and her eyes laced with malice. Her pupils so dilated, no brown could be seen. Her eyes pitch black. There was no life, no emotion, other than the crazed look in them. She pulled out a small bottle. It was a clear glass, blue liquid sloshing around inside.

My brain screamed danger at the sight of it. It looked like a crystal, beautiful and shiny. "Do you know what this is?"

I shook my head vigorously.

"Elder Python venom."

My eyes widened. I've read about that. A venom from the Elder Python, found in the depths of Tartarus, according to Greek Mythology. The only cure was the Golden Fleece, but I didn't even know it existed!

"It worked perfectly with her tree, and now it'll be the perfect ending for you." She cackled. "Isn't it beautiful? A daughter facing the same fate as her mother."

I looked at my aunt in shock. "You bitch!" I thrashed in her hold, trying to escape. My mother didn't deserve this. She was a good person. She picked me up when I fell, wiped away my tears when I was bullied. She was the light in a long, dark tunnel. Without her, I'm empty. Lost, in a river of tears and defeat. Nobody could ever replace her, nobody could ever be that light for me ever again.

I screamed in agony, my wrists blistering from the splinters of the hard roots as I tried to pull them out of it. "This is all your fault!" I screeched.

Everything went silent. I faced the floor, frozen. My face snapped to the side, a stinging sensation on my cheek. She slapped me. I could hear the battle going on outside. The faint sound of swords clashing, bodies falling.