ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ᴛʀᴇᴇꜱ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛
~ the beautiful trees ~

⋘ ──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ──── ⋙

"Wake up wake up wake up wake uuuup!" Somebody screamed in my ear before a pillow was slammed against my face.

I shot up, more awake than ever before looking at my attacker."Margerie Louisa Mckinnon" The said person hid behind a laughing Andrea. "Why in the name of Merlin are you waking me up so early in the morning?" I blinked repeatedly, rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes.

"What are you talking about? There's only five minutes to the feast." Margerie giggled.

My eyes widened as I looked out the window to see the sun high in the sky. "WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER?" I screamed, scrambling off my bed to get dressed and take a quick shower. Our other roommate, Lena, peeked her head out of the bathroom door with her toothbrush sticking out of her mouth. "Well we tried, but you wouldn't budge."

I stared at her, thinking over her words in silence. "... Good point."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Another great year has gone by. I hope all of you did well for your finals and pass with flying colours. Before we begin eating, I would like to announce the winners of the house cup this year!" Professor Dippet announced with a smile on his face.

"In fourth place, we have Hufflepuff with 398 points!" A weak amount of applause were heard along with groans from the Hufflepuff table.

"In third place, Ravenclaw with 401 points!" Another round of weak applause was heard.

"Second, Gryffindor with 457 points!" Our table cheered loudly, although I felt slightly disappointed that we didn't win the house cup yet again.

"And finally, in first place we have Slytherin!" The Slytherin table burst into cheers and applause as they showered in the raining green and silver colored confetti. Everybody else politely applauded their win, looking at their table and admiring the Slytherin-decorated hall.

I looked down the Slytherin table as the Headmaster continued talking, only to be met with the eyes of Tom Marvolo Riddle. He winked at me, a coy smirk on his face, as if to brag his win. I rolled my eyes at his childishness, letting out a small laugh.

"And without further ado; I present to you the Year-End Feast!"

Different varieties of food appeared on the tables, out goblets filling themselves with pumpkin juice as everybody began diving into their food.

Somebody nudged my side. "What are you smiling at, loser?"

"Come on, Marge. Didn't you see her ogling at somebody while Professor Dippet was talking?" Julius butted in. "Spill Nat, who's your secret lover?"

Heat rushed to my face. "It's nobody."

"Your face states otherwise." Andrea said.

"Come to think of it, the days before finals, you've disappeared god knows where." Lionell pointed his fork at me. 

A gasp was heard from Christian. "Have you been having an affair and not telling us?"

"It's not an affair." I denied. "We just studied for a bit and he helped me with Herbology."

"Somebody managed to help you with Herbology? Now you have to tell us who he is!" Julius teased. 

Margerie stuffed her mouth with a cut up piece of chicken. "Come on, you can tell us."