ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ-ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴇxᴀᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚
~ the end-year examinations~

⋘ ──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ──── ⋙

It's been two whole days since the whole drawing incident. He hasn't even spoken to me since. There was only the occasional hellos and nods when we cross paths in the corridors. Sure we had other classes together like Astronomy and DADA and Charms. But he has barely even glanced my way. Especially when he was with his friends.

Was that just a one time moment? Am I overthinking everything right now? Oh Merlin what if he thinks I'm a cracker for thinking that he likes me!

What in the name of Godric's underwear is going on inside my head? Since when do I care about Tom Riddle and his stupid smile, and stupid hair. Stupid drawing which I placed in a photo frame by my bedside table.

Right now, all I have to think about is the examinations which were only two days away. The only thing keeping me and the scrolls of parchment awaiting me and my classmates was the dreadful weekend when every single seat in the library is occupied, there were barely any students going to Hogsmeade other than to find a good place to study.

There was this house at the end of the small village which was always very quiet and unoccupied. Marge and I used to hide in there in third year whenever there was a Hogsmeade trip on Saturday and the gang wanted to play hide and seek. I suppose it would make for a good place to study.

Then again there was also the field surrounding the black lake which provided everyone with a lot of space to study on the grass. However, it would be buzzing with students too, along with the common rooms.

It was evening now. Friday evening. Class had ended early to allow us more time for revision. Meanwhile I was still roaming around the halls, thinking of places to study and other stuff.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the side, causing me to let out a yelp. I looked up at my attacker to be met with beautiful dark brown eyes and wavy black hair. "Hi." He greeted, a somewhat sheepish smile on his face.

"Hey." I whispered, unsure of what was actually happening at the moment. "Is there a reason for you to pull me to the side?"

"I just thought that- I mean I was wondering if you would study with me?" He questioned, sounding unsure of himself.

I let out an uncharacteristic snort before covering my mouth instantly and staring up at him with wide eyes. "You heard nothing."

He smiled and gestured zipping his mouth and locking it before throwing away the invisible key.

"I don't mind studying with you but- There's nowhere pleasant to study anymore. Do you have any ideas?" I pursed my lips as I looked at him in curiosity. Maybe from this I could find out more about the ever so mysterious Tom Marvolo Riddle.

He smirked at me. A cunning, sly smirk produced and perfected by the most Slytherin of the Slytherins. "I know just the place."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Riddle pulled my by the wrist toward the stairs, my short legs scurrying to catch up with his long strides so as to avoid tripping and falling over my own feet. "Where are we going?" I asked, tired of balancing out walking and jogging at the same time.

"Just follow me." Was his only reply.

This feels like all those horror films I've watched on muggle television with Dad where a handsome, young man lures pretty, innocent girls to secluded corners to rape and kill them.