ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡
~ the endless temptations ~

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The night was eerily quiet. Not a bird in sight, or any living creature in fact. The whole world of Narnia lay to rest as the sun fell below the sea's horizon and the moon rose to the sky, shining in all its white glory. Only, it was covered by grey clouds. Occasional flashes of lightning lighting up the ship.

Somewhere in the Eastern Seas, a large ship stayed anchored to a spot while everybody on board slept. Only one or two awake to keep watch, under orders of the captain. Even then, they were half asleep. Eyes drooping and vision hazy.

As they patrolled the perimeters of the vessel, their fatigue dulled their senses, making them unaware of the green mist that rolled onto the ship. Inviting itself to taunt everyone, especially the four figures of royalty which Aslan deemed important enough to bless with his presence more than once.

The green mist seeped through the floorboards, only one destination in mind; the kings and queens.

It slipped through their sleeping quarters, filling their dreams with a horrid terror.

Lucy was the only one who managed to get away from it, with a little assistance from Aslan himself. She awoke with a grateful gasp. Grateful that she still existed; that she was still herself. She unfolded the spell in her pocket, sparing it one last glance before throwing it out into the endless sea.

She had to find Edmund. Something fishy was happening.

Entering Caspian's quarters which the two of them shared, she was confused to find only Caspian in there. He was thrashing in his hammock, calling out for his father.

"Caspian. Caspian, wake up." She whispered, making him shoot up in alarm.

He looked down at the young queen in confusion. "Lucy? What are you doing here?" He yawned groggily, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. The sleep that he lacked since the nightmare started.

"We have to find Edmund. Do you have a clue where he is?" She asked quietly, rubbing her arm from the cold. An unnatural shiver lingering around the atmosphere.

The - now awake - king looked over at the empty hammock where his roommate was supposed to sleep, a knowing grin on his face. "I know exactly where he is."

"Come on."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Edmund. Edmund." A chilling voice called out to the sleeping king. Her familiar cold voice shaking him awake, shrill chills rolling up and down his spine. He looked up to see a figure, floating upon him, looking down at him with a cool smile on her face.

The sight of the evil witch caused a rush of adrenaline in him, making him reach over the sleeping girl beside him to unsheathe the sword leaning against the bed.

He pointed the sword up at the white witch, who just smiled down at him. "She looks so beautiful." Her statement making Edmund pull Natalia closer to him, unable to pull his arm from under her. "Come with me. Join me, and she won't get hurt."

"Edmund." A different voice called out softly, making the wicked witch disappear. A softer, more fragile voice. Edmund looked over to see her little sister sitting on the side of the bed. She was looking at him in concern, making him sheath the sword once again.

Looking past her, he saw Caspian stifling his laughter, his eyes wide, nodding knowingly at him. He shot a confused look, only to be gestured to the beauty in his arms. Edmund rolled his eyes at the older king's childishness, wishing he could throw a shoe at his face.