ᴛʜᴇ ᴜᴘᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴅᴀᴛᴇꜱ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝
~ the upcoming dates ~

⋘ ──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ──── ⋙

I sat on a large branch outside my house, sketching a family of squirrels in a hole at the tree opposite me. I hummed in approval at the smell of the fresh air around me. The sound of birds chirping, their wings flapping in the air as they flew around. Playing, hunting. Living their lives.

The chirping of a barn owl interrupted me. It landed on one of the branches near me after dropping a letter on my lap. I took out a few crackers from my pockets and fed them to the owl, causing it to screech in thanks and flying off to it's owner.

I analyzed the envelope. It was addressed to me, and didn't have an official wax seal. I assumed that it was sealed with muggle glue. Opening it, I saw a letter and pressed flowers inside. It was a rose and lavender. causing the letter to give off a fragrant scent.

Dear Natalia,
I hope this letter finds you well. How would you like to come to Diaggon Alley this coming Thursday? I was hoping that we could have lunch together. Say around 1p.m.? I hope to see you there. Meet me in front of Ollivander's Wand Shop. 

Your charming friend, Tom.

I was taken aback. I didn't think he would ask me so soon. There's so much to prepare for! What should I wear? How should I do my hair? Should I use heels? Make up or no? Formal or casual? Dress or pants? Or skirts?

I have to owl Marge. Maybe she'll know what to do.

Tearing off a piece of paper on my notebook, I scribbled a quick message.

I'm coming over tomorrow. Many things to discuss.
Nat.

Letting out a long whistle, I called for our family owl, Bucky. He was a wood owl. Mom found him as a owlet and trusted him enough to roam around the forest around us. Must be her dryad nature. But he was still loyal to us, and helps us deliver things to other people, like normal pet owls do.

I held out my arm for him to land on, petting him lightly when he did. "Send this to Margerie please. 3813 Maryon Street, London."

Tying the rolled up parchment around one of his legs, I pulled out a handful of crackers.

"Eat up. It's going to be a long journey."

London was in the middle of England while my home was at the outskirts of a poor muggle village; Cokesworth. It wasn't that we were poor or anything. Mom just didn't like living in an urban area, and dad agreed. It was too loud and stressful they said.

With a hoot, Bucky flew off into the sky. It was fascinating to see him flap his wings, soaring up high. He really grew a lot. I remember following Mom into the woods to teach him how to fly. In a way, she was his mom too.

I smiled to myself. Sometimes, I would see him perched on her grave. We buried her next to a beautiful willow tree, like she always wanted. It wasn't far off from our house, but it was still a great walking distance.

The willow tree itself was where mom used to spend most of her time. There was always the myth that when a Dryad is born, a tree would grow with her. Maybe her tree was a willow tree. Who knew.

I suppose you're asking, why aren't I looking for more answers? How am I so laid back with all this new information. Well to answer your question, I'm not. Deep inside, I'm freaking out. But the rational voice in my head kept telling me that it was okay; that I would be able to get through this. I don't know why, but it made me feel a hell of a lot better.