ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʀᴏɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘
~ the one with the coronation ~

──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ────

It's coronation day. Caspian's becoming king today. Can you believe it? My big brother's all grown up. I stared into my reflection as I talked to myself, shedding a fake tear to sell the sob story to myself. On another note, it's been a whole day since I woke up and Edmund has been avoiding me since. I pursed my lips at the thought. Did I do something wrong? What if he knows I'm a witch. Could that be the reason?

Caspian told me how he hid my wand from sight after my throat was cut. He was sure that nobody saw it. He said that the healers were unable to find the cause of her paralyzed state, other than it was the effect of magic. Not dark magic particularly, which was why they assumed that the nature was what had caused it. For her crimes against her people and her own family.

Somebody knocked on my door, making me rush to answer, constantly tripping over my own feet. I grabbed onto the handle tightly to stabilize myself, pulling it open with a false smile on my face. It was a ginger-haired faun. 

"Yes, how may I help you?" I asked politely. She had a large box in her hand. It looked like a gift, covered in white wrapping paper and a red ribbon holding it together. The wrapping was reflective enough to make the box look as though it was glowing. 

She gulped visibly at me. "Uh- I- Aslan told me to give this to you. For the- the coronation later." She mumbled as she lowered her head, holding the box out to me. I gently grabbed the box from her. "And, I'm supposed to.. Uh.. help you with your hair." 

I shot her a look of surprise. Why would Aslan give me something? And why must my hair look nice for the coronation? I would just be in the crowds right?

"Come on in." I invited, closing the door behind her small body as she tiptoed into my room. "Are you okay?" 

She looked up at me for a quick moment before looking back down to her hooves. "It's just that- Momma's always told me about the beautiful princess who would bring back peace with the nature. And now I'm in her presence." She smiled softly, tucking a piece of lose hair behind her sharp elfish ears. 

"I'm not nearly as beautiful as you sweetie." I blushed as I set the box down on my bed. "So what's your name?" 

"Delilah." She grinned. "You can call me Lily." 

"What a pretty name." I complimented. "Do you have a clue as to why you're supposed to help me get ready today?" I tilted my head in curiosity as I looked down on her. She was around Lucy's height.

"For your coronation." She replied innocently.

"I think I heard you wrong. Today is Caspian's coronation." I corrected. 

She hummed, "No, you heard me the first time. Aslan says that you are to be the rightful queen of the nymphs." 

I slummed onto my bed dumbfoundedly. I'm going to be... A queen? But I've only been a princess for all but 5 minutes. I shook my head furiously. "Nu uh. There's no way I'm becoming a queen today. I'm not ready!" 

Lily placed her hand on my shoulder and gripped it tightly. I looked up to her to see all traces of shyness gone, replaced by an angry look. "Don't you say that." She scolded. "I've heard the stories. Even in the face of death, you fought back. Whatever you did to that bitch saved all of us from an evil reign. You're more than ready. And even if you don't know it, everybody else does."