ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜
~ the auction ~

⋘ ──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ──── ⋙

Black. That's all that I could see. Tiny rays of light managed to make their way through the darkness, otherwise granting me the ability to see anything else. Where did they bring us? Is Lucy okay? What about Caspian and Edmund.

I can feel the outline of my wand deep inside my boots. If I could just reach into them. I tried to move my arms only to realize that they've been cuffed together. What? I.. I'm trapped. The air was knocked out of me. Merlin help me. I tried to move my legs only to realize that they were tied together as well. Oh no.

What happened to the air? I was forced to inhale large gulps of air but it just wasn't enough. I need more. I'm running out of air. 

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

I can't see anything. A piece of cloth wrapped around my head, blocking my sight. I could only smell the faint metallic scent of blood. Remnants of them. Dried blood. My arms tied together, forced over my head. I couldn't bring them down. I couldn't move. My stomach felt icky. Something had dried up on it. A numb pain lingering in the area.

I tried to sit up but my legs were tied. Was I on a bed? What happened?

I thrashed against the restraints, causing the entire bed to shake vigorously. "Finally awake are you?" A familiar voice spoke up.

"Tommy is that you?" I asked hesitantly. I still couldn't see anything. I could hear his footsteps, his shoes tapping elegantly against the floor. No shuffling whatsoever.

I involuntarily flinched as a cold hand swept across my cheek gently. "It's me."

The words of confirmation brought a sense of relief to me.

"What happened? Can you untie me?"

A deep chuckle rumbled from his throat. "My sweet Natalia. This was all your fault. You brought it onto yourself." He paused for a while. Suddenly his cold hand lifted from my cheek. Now it was harshly shoved onto my neck. "You fell asleep during your punishment. That just simply won't do." A gag was put around my mouth.

"We'll continue now that you're awake."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The sack over my head was harshly pulled off. I had to squint my eyes to adjust to the bright light that seemed to be shining directly at me.

I gasped in surprise, my eyes wide as I looked around frantically. I could see many unidentified heads either looking up at me or deep in conversation with others, boisterous laughter ringing in my ears. Where am I?

"Pssst. Nat, are you okay?" My head snapped to the direction of the voice. It was Lucy. She too was tied up. Dried tears could be found on her cheeks, a wooden board hung around her neck with a number. She looked at me before dragging herself nearer to me. Or as near to me as she could from behind the individual cages they put us in. "Hold your breath and count to ten." She whispered.

I did as she told. One... Two... I looked behind her to see an unconscious Eustace. Four... The only exits seemed to be many meters away. Seven... We seemed to be on a stage. In a bar maybe? They seemed to be drinking beer. The air reeked heavily of alcohol too. Nine...

Ten.

I let out the breath I was holding. I could breathe again. I shot Lucy a questioning look. How did she know that that would work?