ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴍɪɴɪꜱᴄɪɴɢ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛
~ the reminiscing ~

⋘ ──── 𝔢𝔡𝔪𝔲𝔫𝔡 ──── ⋙

How could this be? I thought we left things on a good note? She looked almost.. Terrified. Why would she be scared of me? Did I do something wrong? Do I have something disgusting on my face? Subconsciously, I rubbed my cheek.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Lucy's concerned eyes looked up at me. I just sighed and walked away, peering out to the vast ocean to get my mind off of things. I see Reepicheep and Caspian taking turns to disappear below deck, pretending as though everything was okay with Natalia. It's not. I see through their façade. I just can't put my finger on why. Or even what.

After a while, Caspian went below deck with a tray of fruits. Reepicheep was hanging out with me and Lucy, along with Eustace who was complaining once again. "My mother says I have a, an acute disposition, due to my intelligence."

I snorted, causing the water I was drinking to go up my nose.

"I don't think he has a cute anything." Reepicheep whispered to Lucy, who was laughing at the two of them. My mind drifted to other topics. Like Natalia. How is she?

Speak of the devil. My heart stopped as I saw her at the entrance to the lower deck. She nodded her head inwards. Does she want to talk to me? I looked around to see if she was gesturing to another person, but everyone seemed to be doing their own things.

"I'll be right back." I said aloud, keeping my eyes trained on Natalia's retreating figure. Maybe I can finally get some answers. I saw Caspian walking up the steps. When he laid his eyes on me, he shot me a small smile, and a nod of acknowledgment, causing me to return one.

I could feel the sweat gathering in my palms. My heart beating faster and faster with every step down I took. What is she going to do? What is she going to say? What would I say? I didn't think this day would come so fast. The day I finally get to be reunited with her.

As I reached the final step, I was met with her figure, looking up at me. Her eyes analyzing my features. She visibly flinched as her eyes made contact with mine, her cold gaze melted away. The fear in her eyes turning into a pool of tears.

Is she going to cry?

Unexpectedly, she ran up to me and engulfed me in a bear hug. I broadened my stance to keep myself stable with the sudden weight on me. Her faze was nuzzled into my neck, which was slowly becoming wet. I came to my senses and wrapped my arms around her small body. I subconsciously closed my eyes, smelling the sweet vanilla of her shampoo. A small dash of caramel too. She smelled heavenly.

"Are you alright?" I whispered into her hair as she quietly sniffled at my neck.

She slowly began to let go of me, steadying herself on the floor of the rocky ship. "I'm sorry. For earlier. And about the whole screaming fiasco. Come on there's so much to tell you." She grinned, pulling me into a nearby cabin. Inside was a typical room, but what stood our was the trunk with the symbol of a lion on the front.

I shot her a forgiving smile. "What happened?" I asked, butterflies erupting in my stomach as I looked at our intertwined hands.

Natalia hummed to herself. "Hmm, well for starters, I tried a burger for the first time in my entire life."

I couldn't help but look at her in disbelief. "You've never had a burger before?"

"Well, if you're surprised about that, then you should probably know that I've yet to eat a hot dog too."