ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜᴍʙ ɪᴅᴇᴀꜱ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜
~ the one with the dumb ideas ~

──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ────

The day was almost over. The sun was about to set. All the important people gathered around the broken table in the How. Peter the Magnificent was declaring that the best thing to do was to infiltrate the Telmarian palace tonight. How bloody idiotic can one be?

"Look, you don't win a war by storming into the home of your enemies. They'll have the advantage of knowing every crook and cranny there is in the place!" I sided with Caspian. 

"There's a first for everything." The blonde king spoke confidently. His arrogance, will lead his army to their deaths.

"How idiotic can you be?"

"Do not call the High King an idiot!" The rat exclaimed, pointing his mini sword at me.

"Get off my arse, rat. You're all running into your deaths." I scoffed. "I'm not doubting the leadership qualities of the High King. I'm doubting the brat in front of me." 

"You should learn to respect your elders." Peter stated, making me groan in frustration.

Can somebody tell me why in the name of Merlin's beard is he so desperate to bring his soldiers to their deaths. "You're just making them dig their own graves. What kind of king would that make you?" 

Peter simply ignored me and turned to the centaur, Glenstorm, I suppose his name is. "If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?"

Glenstorm looked at the uncertain and pleading faces that me and Caspian held. At the foul rat with the brain the size of a nut, the stern looks on the kings' faces. "Or die trying, my liege."

I shot daggers at him. He was supposed to know better! He's bringing his sons into battle is he not? Their deaths are on his shoulders. "That's what I'm worried about." The small voice of Queen Lucy attracted our attention. 

"Sorry?" 

"You're all acting like there's only two options!" Lucy raged in her gentle little ways. "Dying here, or dying there." Finally, a Pevensie with brains.

"I'm not sure you've been listening." Peter protested.

"No, you have not been listening!" She cut in. "Or are you forgetting who really defeated the white witch?"

Ouch, that's got to hurt. I had to stop myself from laughing at his reaction. He looked like a fool. A fool on the outside, and on the inside. 

His face became stern. "I think we've waited for Aslan long enough." He stated before walking away, telling Glenstorm to ready the troops. 

Edmund was quick to follow. He shot me an apologetic look which I rolled my eyes at. If he had even an ounce of sorry in him, he wouldn't have even agreed to anything Peter had said. And here I thought he was the just. "These boys ain't it." I huffed under my breath, glaring at the exit of the how where they left. My fists clenched at the sides of my body.

Caspian sighed and rubbed my arm before leaving after them. I guess he has no choice in the matter anyways. Peter will always be the superior one compared to him. I felt a small hand wrap itself around my closed fist, causing it to relax at the touch. I looked down to see Lucy looking out the exit, holding onto my hand.