ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴠɪᴀʟ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀꜱ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙
~ the trivial matters ~

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Miles and miles of water and no land in sight. Seawater to be exact. The beautifully dangerous waters of the Great Eastern Ocean. The rushing of the waves, the calls of seagulls. The sea was barren, only animals living this far into the sea. The chances of seeing a person were rare.

A massive ship came into view, with its intricate designs and diverse crewmates, the ship was abuzz. Plenty of them were doing their chores, sailing the ship, cleaning the deck. A rather large mouse, however, stood near the head of the boat, where a massive dragon's head was attached. He had a small telescope in his hands as he scoped out the area, looking for anything that was amiss.

The ship belonged to a prince. No, a king. King Caspian X, of Narnia. A son of Adam, sailing through the Eastern Ocean on a mission with his trusted friend, Captain Drinian. A mission that had only begun a week prior, as they headed to one of the lone islands. The crew found themselves in the middle of the ocean, en route to their first destination when their first obstacle came.

A splash could be heard before the mouse started calling for the captain and the king. "Lad overboard!" The entire crew rushed to the deck, the King pushing through to see what the commotion was about. In the waters, a lady was laying face down, floating mindlessly in the sea as a large trunk was drifting beside her.

Caspian wasted no time diving in after her. She could still be alive after all. Another splash could be heard as one of the crewmates dived in to retrieve the trunk. And another indicating a piece of rope that would be used to pull Caspian and the girl up. Caspian pulled the girl towards the ship, keeping her head above water to prevent her from swallowing anymore water. They were pulled up by a thick rope brought down by the Captain.

Caspian grabbed onto the rope, his hair wet from the water and his boots drenched, leaving an uncomfortable feeling in his feet. The two were pulled up, allowing Caspian to toss the girl on board. One of the medics rushed to her aid, pumping on her chest to get the water out of her lungs. Caspian watched in worry at the unknown girl.

What was she even doing out here? How did she get here? Millions of questions ran through his mind. There was always the option that she was thrown overboard by pirates. But she wasn't tied up or gagged. Unless she couldn't swim, of course.

The medic performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the girl. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight."

He stared in anticipation, worry clear on his face for the unknown girl. Finally, she awoke with a gasp, coughing out the remaining water in her lungs. Her lips were blue as her tanned skin was a deathly color. She looked all around her in confusion, unknowing of where she was. How she ended up on a bloody ship in the middle of the sea.

Her eyes stopped at the brunette king. A rush of familiarity appeared on her face. "Caspian?"

Said king gaped at the girl, eyes wide and jaw dropped before rushing to her side, pulling her into a tight hug. "Natalia!" The girl, now known as Natalia, winced in pain at the tight contact. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Natalia shook her head in confusion. "I have no idea." She whispered under her breath. And she really didn't. Last she knew, she was at Hogwarts, recovering from the love potion smuggled into her system by a teenage dark wizard.

Eyes sparkling in happiness, Caspian pulled her off the wooden floor, holding onto her as support before addressing the curious crowd. "Crew, Aslan has graced our presence with our beloved Queen Natalia!"