This Girl

When Harry Potter carried the lifeless body of Hermione Granger, a lot of people saw a lot of different things.

Minerva McGonagall saw the third-year girl who was given a time-turner so she can take more classes.

Filius Flitwick saw the first-year girl who scored a 120% on her final exams.

Molly Weasley saw her second daughter, the girl she practically adopted, being carried by her second son. She saw the girl who has saved her children countless times.

Arthur Weasley saw his second daughter, the girl who helped start his rubber duck collection.

Percy Weasley saw the first-year girl with bushy hair and buck teeth telling him about how excited she was for transfiguration class.

Fleur Delacour saw the fourth-year girl that was so beautiful during the Yule Ball.

Fred and George Weasley saw the rather cute fifth-year girl scolding them about testing products on first years.

Ginny Weasley saw her sister, her best friend.

Luna Lovegood saw the girl who smiled at her crazy animals but was always polite and always bought a Quibbler from her.

Neville Longbottom saw the girl with buck teeth that helped him look for his frog.

Oliver Wood saw the girl that came to quidditch practices and games even if she and Harry were fighting.

Kingsley Shacklebolt saw the girl with so much potential, the girl that joined the order at fifteen and wanted to make a change in the world.

Rubeus Hagrid saw the second-year girl who was crying in his arms because of her blood.

Remus Lupin saw the third-year girl who was the brightest witch of her age.

Draco Malfoy saw the girl he bullied since his second year and that he was always jealous of because of her grades and that she was in fact better than him.

Ron Weasley saw the girl he was supposed to have a future with, the girl he loved oh so much, her lifeless body being carried by Harry Potter.

Harry Potter looked down at his best friend. The girl who stood by him no matter what, the girl that saved his life countless times, this girl was dead. This beautiful smart girl was dead.