New Year's Kiss Part 1

It was the night before New Year's eve. Everyone was sitting in the dining room kitchen eating dinner. Everyone included Molly, Arthur, Tonks, Remus, Sirius, Harry, Ron, the twins, Hermione, Ginny, Charlie, and Bill.

While Ginny was talking to Tonks, she noticed certain wizards chancing glances at Hermione. She turned to Hermione who was oblivious to the glances she was getting and reading a book. Ginny cleared her throat.

"So Hermione, who are you gonna kiss at midnight tomorrow?" She asked, maybe a little too loudly. A few people looked up from their conversations. Hermione's cheeks went bright pink.

"Do I have to kiss someone at midnight?" She asked shyly, looking down at her plate.

"Well no but depending on how your New Year's Eve goes it predicts what the new year will bring you," Ginny said, taking a sip of her water.

"Thanks, Ginny but I don't think I want a relationship right now," Hermione said, still looking down at her plate.

"I think some of my brothers would disagree," Ginny mumbled, just loud enough for everyone to hear. Fred nearly choked on his water, Ron had dropped his chicken in surprise, Charlie almost fell out of his chair, Harry had turned red in the face, and Hermione's cheeks were now a scarlet shade.

Hermione excused herself quickly. Everyone looked at her then at Ginny. Ginny was smiling smugly and then took a sip of her water.

-----

As Ginny walked into the room she shared with Hermione, a paperback book hit her head.

"Ow! What the hell 'Mione?" Ginny said, rubbing the spot where the book whacked her. Hermione quickly closed and locked the door to their room and then whacked Ginny again.

"Ginny! You embarrassed me in front of everyone!" Hermione was now very red in the face.

"Relax 'Mione," Ginny said calmly. "I did you a favor." She said, plopping down on her bed. Hermione stated rubbing the brim of her nose.

"And what, may I ask, was the favor?"

Ginny scoffed. "I found witch wizards wanted to snog you. You're welcome."

That earned her another whack on the head.