32. The End Of Sixth Year

Harry was there. Paralysed. He had to concentrate and think hard, he needed to perform non-verbal magic to get out of Y/N's curse. Once he had managed it, the boy sprinted down to where the Death Eaters had went.

Dumbledore couldn't be dead. It just couldn't be true.

Harry ran and ran out of the school, ignoring everyone who was trying to speak to him. He made his way down the grounds to where Hagrid was, Snape and Draco were running and soon they would be out of the school boundaries and able to Apparate away.

As he ran down towards to where Y/N, Draco, Snape and the other Death Eaters were, Harry saw the outline of Hagrid, who was illuminated by the moon. One of the Death Eaters, Thadicus Whitmore was firing curse after curse at Hagrid but the giant didn't seem to be affected.

The realisation that soon they would be able to Apparate away gave Harry a boost to continue sprinting.

"STUPEFY!" he yelled, aiming it at Y/N.

The spell missed and the red light soared past the boy's ear.

Harry tried again. "Cruc-"

Y/N counter-attacked the spell and with the wave of his wand, he sent Harry flying back. Harry didn't give up though, he switched to a new target. Snape.

As Harry sent spell after spell at Snape, Snape blocked them all but never sent a spell back.

"FIGHT BACK YOU COWARD!" Harry yelled, emotion raw in his voice. "FIGHT BACK!"

"Coward, did you call me, Potter?" shouted Snape. "Your father would never attack me unless it was four on one, what would you call him, I wonder?"

As a Death Eater fired a curse at Harry, Y/N blocked it from hitting to boy.

"No!" Y/N roared at the Death Eater. "Potter is for my grandfather."

The Death Eater cowered over Y/N's orders and rushed away.

Harry's eyes were still on Snape. "Sectum-"

Snape flicked his wand and the curse was repelled yet again; but Harry was mere feet away now and he could see Snape's face clearly at last: he was no longer sneering, he had a face full of rage. Mustering all his powers of concentration, Harry thought, Levi-

"No, Potter!" screamed Snape. There was a loud BANG and Harry was soaring backward, hitting the ground hard again, and this time his wand flew out of his hand.

"You dare use my own spells against me, Potter? It was I who invented them. I, the Half-blood Prince! And you'd turn my inventions on me, like your filthy father, would you? I don't think so...no!"

"Kill me then," Harry whispered, "kill me like you killed him you coward."

"Do not call me a coward Potter." Snape sneered before turning his back on Harry and rushing away to the school's boundaries and finally disappearing, leaving Harry on his own.

The aftermath of the battle was a gruesome one. Harry made his way back to the school after going to see Dumbledore's dead body. He was instructed to go to the Hospital Wing but he had other priorities. He wanted to know who died because Draco said that he had stepped over a body. It turned out that it was Bill, he wasn't dead but he had been attacked by Greyback and the consequences for him was that he was potentially going to be a werewolf. Everyone else was safe, they had split the Felix Felicis and they managed to make it out alive. A casualty of the battle was a Death Eater but Harry knew that it probably wouldn't mean much to Voldemort.

Everyone began interrogating him about Dumbledore and once Harry was alone with only members of the Order, the only people who knew about Y/N, they started asking him questions about him.