15. An Eventful Christmas

Y/N's POV

There was silence as I awaited Hermione's response.

"Of course I don't!" she said quickly. "Do you not remember what I said to you?"

I nodded. "Then why do Ron and Lavender affect you?"

Hermione sighed. "It's just annoying...seeing them together, doing everything that we can't do. It's like he's rubbing it in my face."

I wrapped my arms around Hermione before speaking in a comforting tone. "I'm so sorry I have to put you through this Hermione, but it'll all be over soon."

I felt horrible. It was because of Dumbledore I was prevented from having what would've been a perfect relationship with Hermione, it was because of him me and Hermione had to have a secret relationship.

"Come with me to Slughorn's party?" Hermione pleaded, her soft brown eyes meeting my cold, distant E/C ones.

I nodded. Screw what everyone else thought, I wanted to be with Hermione.

"I'll be waiting for you, outside your Common Room, eight o'clock." I smiled, looking at the girl.

She gave me a quick kiss. "I'll see you then, I better head back to my Common Room."

She smiled at me before quickly rushing off, leaving me alone in the classroom.

The day of Slughorn's Christmas party, I was making my way out the Great Hall when I overheard a conversation at the Gryffindor table.

"Hi, Parvati!" said Hermione. "Are you going to Slughorn's party tonight?"

"No invite," said Parvati gloomily, "I'd love to go, though, it sounds like it's going to be really good...you're going, aren't you?"

"Yes, I'm meeting F/N at eight, and we're-"

My head turned turned in Ron's direction, where he had just taken a break from snogging Lavender just to make an incoherent noise. Hermione ignored Ron and pretended she didn't exist.

"-we're going up to the party together."

"F/N?" said Parvati. "F/N Malfoy, you mean?"

"That's right," said Hermione sweetly, "the Slytherin Quidditch captain and Draco's brother."

"Are you going out with him, then?" asked Parvati, wide-eyed.

"Oh...yes...didn't you know?" said Hermione, with a giggle that sounded nothing like her.

"No!" said Parvati, looking extremely surprised. "Wow, you like your Quidditch players, don't you? First L/N, then Malfoy..."

"I like really good Quidditch players." Hermione corrected her, still smiling.

"How did he agree? No offence but the Malfoys are notorious for thier Pure-blood supremacist beliefs..." Parvarti asked.

This was when I decided to step in. Wrapping an arm around Hermione I spoke. "Guess she just had that effect on me. Plus, I thought everyone established that I'm not a stereotypical Malfoy."

Parvarti, looking flustered at my arrival, went bright red. "O-oh, yes. My mistake, you're not like the others."

"We should probably get ready for the party." I smiled at Hermione and she nodded.

"See you all later." she said with a wave before heading out with me.

As soon as we were out, I dragged her to a deserted corner.

"Why do you need to make Ron jealous?" I asked suspiciously.

She shrugged. "I have my reasons."