30. Gathering The Troops

Y/N's POV

After returning from my father's funeral, I was instantly dragged into the Room of Requirement with Draco, who seemed to be extremely happy.

"What is it Draco?" I asked.

Draco motioned towards this great black cabinet. I looked at it, eyes wide.

"No...it works?" I asked, shocked.

Draco nodded. "I did it Y/N! I did it!"

"Are we going to test it out?" I asked him.

Draco looked at me and nodded, he filled me in and told me about his plan. He wanted me to go and tell everyone in Borgin and Burkes the plan before coming back to him. I questioned him and asked why he wasn't going himself but he said that I had more of an influence than him. I sighed and nodded as Draco opened the cabinet doors and beckoning for me to step inside. "I told them that I was going to send you over. See if it works with humans before we bring everyone here."

I nodded but internally, I was panicking. Now that I was informed of Draco's plan, I knew that he was going to bring the Death Eaters here to Hogwarts. My mind flashed to all the helpless students that would have the face the evil wrath of Voldemort's supporters.

I stepped into the cabinet and took a deep breath. Draco looked at me and gave me a small thumbs up before closing the door. I was surrounded by darkness and everything remained the same. For a moment I thought that it hadn't worked and that Draco's year-long plan to repair this cabinet had failed and he was back to square one.

Just then, the door opened and I was met with blinding light and a girl who seemed to be around my age. "You're not Draco..."

I shielded my eyes from the light and squinted at the girl. She had dark hair and dark eyes and there was a smirk on her face. I had never seen her around which is why she looked unfamiliar. She was wearing all black attire and she had a sort of devilish look to her.

"Yeah, no shit." I muttered, climbing out the cabinet and into the Knockturn Alley store, Borgin and Burkes.

"I'm Y/N." I said to the girl, I had no need to go by my fake name to the Death Eaters, all of them knew from Voldemort and all of them were under strict orders to not reveal my identity.

"Got a surname Y/N?" the girl asked me.

"No," I replied, I didn't go by any surname because Voldemort detested both my parents so he wished for me to only go by my first name and not the surnames of my 'Blood-traitor fathers' as he called them, "it's just Y/N."

"Oh yeah," the girl smirked, "you're his grandson aren't you?"

I nodded and looked at her. "I'm not expecting a bow or curtsey or anything though."

The girl chuckled. "I wasn't going to do that anyways."

"Are you going to tell me your name mystery girl?" I asked.

"Nope," the girl said, popping the p, "mysteries are always fun."

With that, she turned away and shouted quite loudly. "HE'S HERE!"