28. Steven's Funeral

Y/N's POV

After my encounter with Dumbledore, I returned to the Slytherin Common Room, ignored everyone's questions, and made my way straight up to my dorm.

"Pickett from first year was told to give this to you." Draco told me when he entered the room, chucking the bit of parchment towards me.

I unfolded it and read its contents.

Tomorrow, 3pm. Same place. I will be waiting for you in my office.

- D

I knew what it meant. Dumbledore wanted me to go to my father's funeral and honestly, I wanted to go too. However, I knew my mum hated me because of my actions and I knew Issac would never want to look me in the eye ever again, but it felt necessary to pay my respects to my father.

I felt that it wouldn't be necessary to take a lot of stuff, so I merely grabbed a jacket if it got cold and made my way to Dumbledore's office.

"I knew you'd come." Dumbledore smiled at me once I had entered his office.

"I had to." I said through gritted teeth before grabbing some Floo Powder from his desk.

"They will all be where you were buried. So Floo Powder won't work." Dumbledore informed me.

I sighed and put the powder down. "I guess we'll have to Apparate then."

As soon as Dumbledore and I had Apparated to the cemetery where I was buried, we parted ways and I made my way to the trees, hoping to find some cover. I finally found suitable foliage that would be able to cover me and hide me from everyone else who was attending the funeral. My mother definitely wouldn't want me there nor would Issac so I thought it would be best to attend the ceremony from a distance.

I could still hear the speeches that were being made, everyone was in dark attire and even Nick had decided to show up, his face was stoic, perhaps his way of coping with the trauma was trying to hide his emotions

"Steven L/N was a wonderful man," Dumbledore spoke to the small gathered crowd, "I remember him as a Hogwarts student, he was so mischievous yet so well behaved. He formed a lifelong group of friends and found the woman of his dreams, he deserved nothing less. It saddens me that we've lost someone so young, someone who still had years of being a father, and a grandfather left to live. He will be truly missed."

I looked over at the crowd, I could see Lupin looking extremely tired in his ragged robes, my heart broke when I looked at the look of sadness on his face. He was the last of the Marauders, he was the only one left.

Issac next took the stage. "I didn't really expect to be up here again so soon, but I guess life has a way of surprising you. My father was an extraordinary man, he did everything in his power to make sure that he could provide for his family and make sure that we could live a good life. I remember everything he did for me and my brother when we were younger, he sacrificed many things for our benefit and I know he knew that we were grateful, but I never properly thanked him for being the best father anyone could ever have."

Issac's eyes closed as he tried to recompose himself, he walked away from the front of the crowd, letting my mother speak.

"Steven was the love of my life, I knew it when I was just a teenager in my third year at Hogwarts and I still know now that he is, and always will be the love of my life. He was the only person who I ever loved in that way and he made me so special, he made me feel like I was the only girl in the entire world he cared about. He made me feel like that thirty years ago and he still made me feel like that to this day. Words cannot describe how much I'm going to miss him but I hope, Steven if you're listening, that you know that I will love you endlessly."