23. Back To The Manor

Y/N's POV

The aching pain in my heart didn't seem to leave me anytime soon. I sat solemnly by the fire in the Slytherin Common Room, staring into the glowing flames.

"What's up F/N?" Draco asked me, sitting in the armchair next to mine.

"Just thinking." I replied, looking at Draco who raised an eyebrow at me.

"About Granger?"

I looked at Draco who had a triumphant smirk. "How did you know?"

"During Potions, which you decided to skip, I overheard a conversation between Potter and his friends." Draco replied with a shrug.

"What exactly did you overhear?" I questioned.

Draco folded his arms across his chest and sat back in the armchair. "How you broke up with Granger. Why?"

"Personal reasons..." I muttered.

"Although she's a Mudblood, you two were good for each other." Draco commented.

I gave him a warning glare. "Don't call her that."

Draco raised his arms. "Not looking for any trouble F/N, just curious to why you cut her off."

"I don't have time for this conversation Draco," I said plainly whilst getting up from my chair, "I'm going to breakfast."

I left the Common Room and proceeded to make my way down to the Great Hall where everyone would be, having their breakfast.

"Mr Malfoy," I heard a voice from behind me say, I turned around and say Dumbledore, looking at me, "I wish to see you in my office."

Walking quietly behind Dumbledore, I stared at the ground for the majority of the time before we arrived in Dumbledore's large office.

"Sit please." Dumbledore said, gesturing to the seat opposite his desk. He sat down behind his desk in his own seat and looked at me.

"What do you want...sir." I said, looking Dumbledore dead in the eye.

"Your mother has written to me, asking for you to go back home with her." Dumbledore told me, showing me a letter that was addressed to him.

I looked at it and didn't recognise the handwriting as my mother's, but then I realised that it wasn't my mother's, it was Narcissa's.

"She's not my mother." I said bitterly.

"She is because you're a Malfoy now." Dumbledore replied.

"What if I don't want to go back there?" I asked Dumbledore.

He looked at me and shook his head. "I'm afraid that you will have to go there, no matter the circumstances. It will give me valuable information."

I glared at Dumbledore, how dare he control my life for me and make my own decisions.

"I don't want to go. You can't make me." I said stubbornly.

Dumbledore looked at me almost in amusement. "Well, you can tell your mother that when she arrives later to collect you."

"SHE'S NOT MY MOTHER!" I roared.

Dumbledore chuckled. "Yet she's given you a home? She's given you food and she's given you love. How is she not your mother."

I gritted my teeth. "Because this is all a product of your fucked up schemes. If it wasn't for you, I'd be back living my normal life again."

Dumbledore dismissed me with a wave of his hand. "She will be waiting for you by Hogsmeade later today."