26. The Mourning Of Yet Another

Y/N's POV

"That took you long enough." Voldemort said to me.

I ignored him and used my wand to lift my father's lifeless body up. I summoned some blankets to cover him up.

"I'm going back to Hogwarts." I told Voldemort quickly, not even caring if he had any objections.

Voldemort had nothing to say as he watched me go upstairs and grab all my stuff.

I had my father's lifeless corpse trailing behind me, I didn't know what to do. Was I just going to show up at my home and tell my mother that I had killed my own father? The man who had took me in and raised me like his own even though I was his best friend's son.

Faced with the difficult task of figuring out what to do with the product of Voldemort's twisted task for me, I had to pause in the outdoors. My father's covered corpse was on the floor, by my feet.

"What the hell have I done..." I muttered to myself.

Everyone would think I was some sort of psychopath, that I willingly wanted to kill my own father. I couldn't use the whole 'Dumbledore forced me to be a Double Agent so I had to join Voldemort's ranks and he made me kill my father' excuse because there was a line, and I crossed it.

I should've dropped it there and then and figured out a way for me to bring both myself and my father to safety.

Preparing myself for another Apparation journey, I had an arm around my father and we both Apparated to where I was buried. Thankfully, no one was nearby so I was able to use magic to carry him to where my grave was.

It was the first time I had ever visited my own grave and I read it and I saw the flowers and cards left there.

Bending down, I picked up a card by my gravestone. It looked plain but inside, there was a deeper message.

Y/N,
It's been almost half a year now and the pain hasn't gone away. It hurts so much Y/N, it hurts so much! It's hard having to walk around Hogwarts, knowing that you won't be there with me or that you won't be waiting for me in the Common Room with that goofy smile of yours, ready to hug me and hold me.

We're all lost without you Y/N. I don't know what's going on anymore. The Wizarding World is turning into a dark place and you're not there to make me feel safe. I hate how we never finished things, how we never finished our story. I was supposed to tell you how I loved you, and then we were supposed to stay together until we graduated. Afterwards we were going to get married, Issac, Harry and Ron were going to be your best men and Ginny was going to be my bridesmaid.

Then we were going to start a family, we were going to have a nice, caring family and our kids were going to have the privilege of calling you their father.

But then you were taken from us, from me. And I spend every day mourning over you and thinking of what we could've been.

I love you Y/N, forever and always. I hope I'll see you soon and that you'll be waiting for me right on the other side, arms open, waiting to hug me like you used to do.

Love,
Hermione.

I stared blankly at the letter and closed it. I placed it back to it's original position. I could feel the emotion building up inside of me but I refused to let it show. I loved her so much, I loved every single part of her and I hated how we weren't together right now and after the events of today, I wasn't sure if she would even love the monster I had become.

I knew that legally, I wasn't allowed to use magic nor was I supposed to Apparate without a licence, but Voldemort had insiders within the Ministry who removed the Trace from me last summer, thus meaning that I was able to perform magic without anyone in the Ministry ever being notified.