31. The Loss Of Innocence

The clock was ticking, Harry was rushing to bring Dumbledore back to safety and Y/N and Draco were rushing to make sure that their plans had no last-minute inconveniences.

Over in the Room of Requirement, both of the two boys let out a sigh. They were both dressed in the suits they had purchased earlier in the year at Diagon Alley.

"You ready?" Y/N asked Draco, who had a nervous look on him.

He nodded. "I've got no choice...they're coming."

They stood in front of the Vanishing Cabinet, waiting for who was to come through there. They stood like Gatekeepers, ready to count and make sure everyone who needed to be here, was here.

A thud was heard inside the black Cabinet and the door then opened.

Out walked Fenir Greyback. He nodded at the two of them before standing to their side. Both Y/N and Draco readjusted themselves before waiting again.

Thud. Out walked Caroline Whitmore.

Another thud. Thadicus Whitmore.

Then came Madison Whitmore. The girl smirked at Y/N before joining her parents.

Multiple thuds later, almost all of the Death Eaters had arrived. Only one was to come.

Thud. Accompanied with her maniacal cackle, out walked Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Well, let's get this party started shall we boys?" she said with a laugh.

Both Y/N and Draco stood in front of the other Death Eaters. They both wore neutral and hardened expressions, however, fear could be seen just ever so slightly on Draco's face. Before the boy did anything else, he produced a familiar vial out of his pocket and downed it. Y/N could recognise this as the Felix Felicis.

"Let's go." Draco said to the others and they all let out a unified grunt before following Draco out of the room.

"I'm surprised you're not leading the pack." Madison told Y/N as they both fell to the back of the group, walking with their wands out.

"This is Draco's moment," Y/N shrugged, "I'll let him have it. Plus it gives me a chance to get to know you better." he added with a small smirk.

"Well what do you want to know?" Madison asked.

"Well...first of all, how'd you get here?" Y/N asked.

Madison was perplexed. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you should be at Hogwarts. Or at least be in some sort of school, but you're not. You're working for him, right?" Y/N replied, the boy still unsure of whether or not Madison Whitmore was truly a Death Eater.

Madison looked at Y/N. "When I was born, my parents were already Death Eaters and they wanted me to be part of the Dark Lord's army. I was trained from a young age and as soon as I could, the Dark Lord welcomed me into his ranks."

"Did you have a choice?" Y/N asked.

"I did," Madison assured him, "and it is an honour to serve him."

Y/N nodded and the two of them continued making their way through Hogwarts corridors. It was near evening so most people would've been in their dorms, the Death Eaters were free to roam around the school.

"Would you like to do the honours Draco?" Bellatrix asked Draco, looking at him once they had arrived at their destination. After the Felix Felicis, the boy was feeling a little bit more confident.

Draco nodded.

"MORSEMORDE!"

Over by Hogsmeade, Harry had just managed to get Madam Rosermta's attention.