17. Blood Brothers

Y/N's POV

The following days, I found myself less around Hermione and more around Draco. I could see that his task had been affecting him, even if he didn't want to show it. There would be days when he wouldn't eat, nights when he wouldn't sleep and certain lessons he wouldn't show up to, and even if he did show up, he paid minimal attention.

One day, upon my arrival to the Room of Requirement for the third time that week, I ran into Draco, who had tears in his eyes.

"Draco, what's wrong?" I asked him.

He tried to wave it off. "It's nothing."

I wasn't taking that as an answer. "Go back to the Room of Requirement, I want to see what's in there for you and then we're going to have a little talk..."

Reluctantly, Draco followed me to the room of Requirement and standing in front of it, the door reappeared and after opening the door, he walked in, I followed closely behind.

The room was much different to what I normally had. It seemed like a mess, it was just a bunch of random objects that to me, had no relevance.

"Why is the room like this?" I asked, looking at Draco who had a weary expression on his face.

He sighed and gestured towards the big cabinet that was in front of where he was standing. "It's this," he said in almost an inaudible whisper, "this is my backup plan."

I was confused. "Backup plan?"

"I didn't have much luck with that necklace," Draco explained, "if my next attempt doesn't work...I'll have no choice but to use this."

My mind seemed to piece it all together. "This isn't...this isn't a Vanishing Cabinet isn't it?"

Draco nodded.

"So, you're going to get the others to use the one in Borgin and Burkes and it'll lead them here...and then they'll be able to help you." I said, shocked.

Draco was on the verge of tears. "I don't want to do it Y/N! I don't want to bring them here! But I have to! Otherwise he's going to kill me!"

My heart was breaking for the suffering Draco had to endure, it wasn't even physical, it was mental torture Voldemort was putting him through. Voldemort was destroying Draco's innocence and childhood and was threatening to kill him if he didn't complete a task that was almost impossible. What would a sixteen year old boy be able to do against who everyone called the world's greatest wizard?

"It's ok Draco, I've got your back." I said before gulping. "I-if you can't do it...I'll do it."

Draco looked at me. "Are you sure?"

"If the worst comes to worst, I will do it Draco." I said, trying to sound as confident as possible.

I walked around, inspecting the room. I could hear Draco behind me, he was sobbing slightly and occasionally he would let out profanities. He was truly breaking down, and there was nothing I could do.

"Come here Draco." I instructed, I picked up a silver knife from a table nearby. Draco walked over and backed away slightly when he saw the knife.

"I'm not going to hurt your Draco," I reassured him, "we're going to make a pact."

He walked closer, with one swift motion, I used the knife to slit a cut on the palm of my hand, which caused blood to trickle down. Draco let out a gasp, and looked at me wide-eyed.

"Are you insane? What are you doing?"

I had an idea, I was going to perform something that I had read about, a blood pact. It was something I had read about in a magical book in the library. However, I was influenced by something I had read, it was a Muggle Musicial called 'Blood Brothers' where two brothers performed a blood pact and said they would stick by each other.