fell behind all my classmates and i ended up here

003. CHAPTER THREE
fell behind all my classmates
and i ended up here

          "BET you I can catch it faster than you!"

          "Cannot!"

          The infamous James Potter was laid atop a creaky sixth year bed, holding a Bott's Every Flavour Jelly Bean in his right hand, staring Peter Pettigrew square in the eyes.

    The two boys had been debating for well over thirty minutes on who could catch the mysterious bean in their mouths the fastest, much to the annoyance of the third occupant. James had made the excuse of his Quidditch reflexes, Peter making the excuse that "he had been eating these all his life, all around the towns and everything."

          The two beans were flung into the air by the two Gryffindors, yet the smaller boy had caught it first. He threw his hands in the air, victorious.

          James chewed the bean in defeat, a putrid taste spreading over his taste buds. "Oh, Godric. Vomit." He gagged, spitting the bean out in the rubbish bin, directly next to Remus Lupin.

          "Oh, thanks James." The lycan sarcastically said with gratitude, rolling his eyes at the immature boy's actions. "That's exactly what my Potions essay needed. The alluring aroma of vomit."

          "You're welcome, Moons." James winked, looking back to Peter, who had a smug look on his face from winning against the boy who was never defeated.

          "Oh, bite me, Wormtail."

          "I would, but I'm relishing in the ambiance of my victory."

          "That's why you're a rat."

          "That's why Evans won't go out with you."

          "Nice one, Wormy." Remus called out from his desk, holding out his hand from behind him without lifting his eyes off of his essay. Peter reached over, hitting it with a smack.

          "Oh yeah, gang up on the boy with the glasses. Real intelligent." James huffed, frustrated with his loss at a bet he had made.

          The door of the dorm swung open frantically, the three boys in the room jumping. The fourth member of their quartet entered, looking rather distracted with his thoughts. "Jeez, Padsy, give us an aneurysm, why don't you?" James scolded, straightening out the wired glasses that had gone askew on his nose.

          The same boy that James had been addressing fell onto his designated bed, seemingly caught up in his own world. "You good, Padfoot?" asked Peter.

          "I just went through one of the weirdest interactions I've ever been through." Sirius answered, staring at the dome ceiling. "Like, weirder than when James sang Somebody to Love to Evans in the Great Hall."

          James grumbled, Peter letting out a snort. "So, I was sitting in the Room of Requirement, as I usually do every Monday night, when all of a sudden, the damn door swings open, and guess who came through? Guess!" He said, animatedly, flailing his arms around. The two boys who were actually listening just stared at him with bemusement, waiting for him to go on.

          "I promise you will not believe it."

          "Just tell us."

          "It's completely baffling."

          "Spit it out, then."

          "You will be flabbergasted!"

          "Out with it already!"