i've had too much to drink tonight

017. CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
i've had too much to drink
tonight

     BEING randomly kissed and getting an entire love confession from someone you thought was your mortal enemy was not ordinary. In fact, it was the complete opposite of ordinary. It was entirely conflicting.

          After about twenty or thirty minutes, give or take, contemplating all of her life choices to that very point, Saiorse Evans finally exited Dorcas Meadowes' upstairs bathroom. She felt almost drowsy from deep thinking, the confusion becoming tiresome for both her brain and her body. The simple hallways that she had went through earlier had become a maze of corridors as she met the large, wooden staircase that led her back down to her semi-sanity.

          As she bounded down the stairs, her eyes came in contact with the smell that came from the parlor. Basically running, she grabbed the rolled up paper from the boy in a slightly unbuttoned silk, dark green button up, also snatching the lighter that was in his left to light the drug that had been in his right just seconds before.

          "Uh,"

          "Oh my God, yes, it's me, Slutty Saiorse." She interrupted, groaning as the flame flickered. "No, I don't have syphilis, and no, I won't have sex with you."

          "I-I wasn't gonna ask." He stammered, watching as she leaned against the wooden column that was connected to the parlor's wall.

          She took a single puff, passing the blunt to the boy as she exhaled the smoke from her lungs. "You look familiar. Have you tripped me in the hallway or something?"

          "Regulus Black." The boy, now deemed as Regulus smirked, sticking his hand out to Saiorse. Another Black brother that seemed to run into the girl in the strangest ways.

          "Saiorse Evans." She responded, shaking his outstretched hand. "So, what is a Slytherin like yourself doing here?"

          "My uh, friend wanted to hook up with some Hufflepuff. Dragged me along." Regulus answered, passing the weed back to her. She took another drag, flicking the end against the ashtray that sat upon the small side table between them.

          "I feel that." The redhead scoffed, blowing a ring out of her mouth. "I feel dragged everywhere these days."

          "I feel that." He quoted while softly, but genuinely smiling at the girl. She smiled back, handing the blunt back to him.

          The two sat in silence for a small while, both just trading off the nearly used up blunt between themselves. They didn't know whether it was the drugs or the ambiance of the situation, but the two Hogwarts students felt a sort of kindred spirit in each other. They understood that silence was all that was needed to feel comfort.

          "Well, I would like to thank you for one of the first actually civilized conversations I've had in a while." Saiorse huffed, crossing her arms as she stood up straight. "If you ever need anyone to talk about horrendous occasions such as this one, I'll be around."

          Regulus grinned, nodding as he picked at the seam on the side of his left leg. She disappeared into the mass of drunken students, elbowing the children out of the way left and right.

          The party had calmed down just a small bit, the countless partygoers still dancing to the David Bowie that was blasting through the speakers. She pushed her way through the sea of couples grinding on each other, meeting the sight of Dorcas Meadowes, Rory McLaggen, Remus Lupin, and Alice Fortescue all stood in a circle around the kitchen's island. She approached the group tentatively, smiling warmly as Rory and Remus turned to her.