what's past is past

013. CHAPTER THIRTEEN
what's past is past

          "DAVID Bowie?"

          "Starman."

          "Elton John."

          "Your Song, duh."

          "Led Zeppelin."

          "In My Time of Dying."

          "Queen."

          "Teo Torriatte."

          "The Beatles."

          "Helter Skelter."

          "Oh, so the song that inspired Charles Manson?"

          Sirius threw his head back, his exceedingly loud laugh sounding throughtout the halfway empty Leaky Cauldron café. "It's a good song!"

          "There are so many more songs that have beautiful lyrics that didn't inspire a race war caused by a sociopath, Sirius." Saiorse told him, grabbing the warm cup of tea from Lily's outstretched hand.

          "But the background music is so sick."

          "The lyrics are incoherent."

          "Paul McCartney sang it trying to sound like that, dear Saiorse."

          James took a sip of his tea, grimacing at the bitter flavor. "I have to agree with Saiorse on this one, Pads. Her taste is much better." He took five sugar packets from the jar, pouring them in simultaneously as Lily slapped his arm.

          Sirius leaned forward, staring James directly in the eyes. "I hate myself for knowing you."

          Saiorse choked on her tea, the rest of the group beginning to laugh at Sirius's semi-sincere face. "Okay, okay let's settle this." Lily laughed, putting her hands up. "Sirius, you ask her the same questions, and James and I will judge." Saiorse and James nodded, looking towards the boy.

          "Fine. David Bowie."

          "Life On Mars."

          "Elton John."

          "All the Girls Love Alice."

          "Led Zeppelin."

          "Ramble On."

          "Queen."

          "'39."

          "The Beatles."

          "Yesterday."

          Lily and James turned to each other, whispering quietly just out of earshot of Sirius and Saiorse. She smirked, sipping her tea. "Five sickles, I win." She told him, staring the two in front of them having a rather heated, yet quiet discussion on which music taste was better.

          "You're on." Sirius whispered as James and Lily finally convened the debate.

          "Saiorse wins!" James yelled, throwing both arms up. Sirius scoffed, dramatically slumping down in his seat. "Honestly, mate, you had it until Ramble On and Yesterday."

          "Pay up." Saiorse smiled, holding her hand out. Sirius begrudgingly placed the coins in her hand, mocking her smug words.

          "But you love Your Song!" Sirius whined, leaving Saiorse with a look of victory on her features as she watched the two boys argue. "We sing it in the cave all the time!"