heart beat skippin' down sixteenth avenue

020

020. CHAPTER TWENTY
heart beat skippin' down sixteenth
avenue

HER lips pressed against his as the two laid against the soft, quilted blanket beneath them, the loud crackling fire inside of the Potter parlor blazing brightly as the girl moved her hands throughout the boy's hair. Her soft smile shown through the dim tone of the flames as she retracted slowly from the kiss, leading her fingers along the boy's neck as his eyes slowly opened.

           His eyes had become lidded as he looked down at the girl who had been staring up at him from the cushions of the velvet sofa, her face becoming a bit clearer than before as his eyes fluttered open. Her deep, copper hair had been spread around her head in a bewitching halo, her skin illuminated by the blistering embers only a few feet away from the pair.

          The girl beneath him leaned up towards the boy, planting a soft kiss onto his cheek as he grinned at her. "You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" He asked quietly, pushing a strand of her hair from the crook of her exposed neck.

          "Oh, of course I am, darling." She answered the boy sarcastically with an almost sardonic looking grin, trailing her finger along his jaw, to his chin, leaning from her position beneath him to press another kiss to his lips. "Why wouldn't I be?"

          As their second kiss ensued between the couple, the boy's hand began to slide up the girl's waist, her blouse beginning to ride up to her rib cage. She slowly brought it back down to her hip, snickering a bit into their kiss. "Sirius," she began with a softer laugh, "we are not shagging in your best friend's parlor."

          Sirius smiled at the girl, propping himself up onto his elbows. "Dear Saiorse," he began, raising an eyebrow, his hand traveling further down from her hip. "I find that I have a deep infatuation for you, and I don't know if I can mentally take it. This may be a need." Saiorse threw her head back as she laughed, the jovial sound filling the air as Sirius pressed a soft kiss to her neck. He raised the back of her knee to rest alongside his waist, pulling her hips closer to his own. He leaned down, cupping her jaw as he met her lips once more.

          "It always seems as if it's a need for men, doesn't it?" She asked quietly between small kisses, her rhetorical question ringing through Sirius' head with excellent vigor.

          "Well. I know what you need to do." She told him with a smirk as he drew back from their kiss. She leaned to his ear, her voice sounding throughout his brain as a whisper.

          "Wake up."

"SIRIUS!"

          The boy awoke with a jump from Saiorse Evan's entirely too loud wake up call, his bloodshot eyes shooting open as the girl aggressively shook his shoulder. His chest felt as if it was compressing into the mattress as the Saiorse had leaned over him, the remnants of his dreams passing through his mind as his eyes groggily fluttered around her face.