all at once

027. CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
all at once

          SAIORSE smiled at the subtle wave of what felt like silk pressed against her lips. Her chest felt like a balloon, filled with warmth, light, as well as the rising adrenaline when his perfectly sculpted fingers brushed against her jawline. He obnoxiously groaned as Sirius heard the acoustic guitar fill his room in the Potter residence from the small muggle radio resting on the bedside cupboard.

          "Oh, my Godric." Sirius grinned, shaking his hips to the changing of the chords. He snapped his fingers to the time signature, standing from his position between Saiorse's legs. He mimicked George Harrison, strumming the imaginary bass between his fingers as he nodded to the beat.

"My sweet Lord, mmm, my Lord," he sang, closing his eyes as he ( quite horrifically ) began to dance. Saiorse sighed with a smile, leaning her weight on her elbows onto the plush bed set, watching the boy dance in the sunshine beaming through the sheer white drapes.

He turned back to her, pointing as he mouthed the words. "I really wanna see you, I really wanna be with you," He sang, his best impression of the ex-Beatle boasting across the room. He began to thrust his hips into the air egregiously, earning the most contagious laughter to explode from the girl's bubbling chest. He kept his hand steady, still singing toward her, "Really wanna see you, Lord, but it takes so long my lord."

          It was the second to last day of their last summer in Hogwarts, and not even in her wildest dreams did Saiorse ever think the day would come. What with all that's happened, she didn't even know if she would make it here, let alone have a boy making an assured and confident fool of himself to the beat of My Sweet Lord.

          As Sirius began to shake his arse, Saiorse kicked him lightly, smirking as he pouted. "You are making a complete fool out of yourself, you know that, right?" She smiled, voicing her thoughts as he continued to dance.

          "Well, miss Evans, I would surely be a fool for you any day." He charmed, leaning toward the left to turn the volume dial up.

          Saiorse blanched, smiling as she fell back on her spine. Sirius folded his hands into hers, pulling her up from her spot on the edge of his bed. She protested with a groan, throwing her head back in mock contempt as Sirius pulled her to him by her waist.

          "Have you learned absolutely nothing about me?" She laughed, whining as he put one hand on her hip, the other staying clasped with hers. He began to sway the stiff girl to the strums of Harrison's acoustic guitar, his smile widening as he listened to her snicker over his shoulder.

          He didn't answer her most likely rhetorical question as he rested his chin in the crook of her neck, placing a small, fleeting kiss behind her ear. He continued to sing and sway softly. "I really wanna know you, I really wanna go with you. Really wanna show you Lord, that it won't take long, my Lord."

Saiorse hummed along in his arms, her eyes fluttering shut as she drowned herself in the music, drowned herself in him. The vibration against her neck as he hummed along to Harrison. The way his aristocratic hands held her like the world would combust into flames if they were ever torn apart. The fact that he would, in his own words, surely make a fool of himself for her any day, made her cheeks blanche a deep shade of rose.

Sirius wanted to say the words so direly. The three words, the words that he's only spoken of thrice.

          The first time he ever said them was to his mother. He was only a small two year old toddler, and it was right after his second birthday.