feels like flying 'til the bone crush

028. CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
feels like flying 'til the bone crush

"YOU'RE going to hate me."

"That will never be possible." Helena sighed, crossing her arms over her transparent chest. "Just please tell me. It's the least you could do after not coming to see me for an entire year. Something must have been keeping you busy."

"You know I wouldn't leave you hanging on purpose." Saiorse told her, copying her action. "But this, it just...you'll think I'm an idiot. Which I probably am."

"Probably. I still want to know, though."

"I...I..."

"You...You what."

"I  may have, um...forgiven...those...people...for...doing...a lot of horrible shit to me?"

Helena stayed quiet for a moment, her jaw slackening in absolute and utter disbelief. "You imbecile!" She gasped, dropping her hands to the floor, even as she was hovering an inch or two above. "Are you kidding me?! What happened to grabbing them by the...the, um...testicles and dragging them through the mud? What happened to our revenge plot? What happened to you being a, excuse my potty mouth, stone cold feminist bitch?"

"I know!" Saiorse whined, placing her hands over her eyes. "And I maybe...like...one of them...and kissed him in front of everybody at a party."

Helena clasped her hands together in prayer, squeezing her eyes shut. "Dear, Merlin. Please show my friend, Saiorse Josephine Evans, how much of an utter BAFOON she is being. Please show her the error of her ways, show her that these people will stab her in the back if she is not careful — "

"They won't stab me in the — "

"Stop interrupting my prayer." Helena snapped, keeping her eyes closed. "That was her. As you can see, she needs guidance. As soon as possible. Thank you, and goodbye. Also, tell my mother I said hello. Sir."

Saiorse sat in annoyed silence as a small smile of triumph took place on her friend's face. "You done now?" She asked, sighing when Helena nodded. "Look, it's not my fault. If you knew him you would understand where I'm coming from."

"I think I know plenty about him." Helena retorted. "Was he one of the blokes with the spray paint?"

"...Maybe."

Helena sputtered, jutting her hands out as she began to speak. Saiorse quickly replied, "But, that was in fifth year. People can change in two years, believe it or not."

"One and a half."

"That's really not the point, Helena." Saiorse said. "It's just complicated. He's apologized a multitude of times, and besides. He's really, really sweet. He makes me laugh, and...we can talk for hours and hours on end about anything and everything. I mean, there was one time he made me laugh so hard that — " Saiorse was cut off by Helena's annoyed expression. "Irrelevant. And...I'm not blind."

"Sweet and cute doesn't make up for practically a life time of pain."

"Please, Helena. I've practically gotten over it now." Saiorse begged. "I won't ever forget, but how am I ever going to move on if I don't forgive?"

"You're over it, are you? So, you no longer tear up when Caspian is brought up in a conversation? Quidditch? Death?"

Saiorse's cheeks heated, ripping her eyes away from the spectral's. She was furious at the burn of tears behind her eyes. "That's unfair, and you know it. I will never be over his death, but I can be over immature and childish acts." A blanket of tense silence draped over the room, Saiorse's breathing becoming deeper as she tried to keep her salty tears at bay. "All I wanted, all I want is for them to want me. And...and he wants me. He wants me in the way that Caspian wanted me."