i showed up at her party

026. CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
i showed up at her party

SIRIUS huffed as he crumpled the piece of quickly scrawled on parchment, chucking it into the waste bin beside the Potter's drawing desk. "Bollocks," he muttered, clutching the quill between his middle and pointer fingers. He stared at a new, pure sheet of parchment, mind racing at how he would somehow get Saiorse to somehow forgive him.

It had been two weeks since the beach fiasco. Saiorse had apparated back to her apartment with Mary, and hadn't heard from the two since. Rory was absolutely mortified from his brother's douchey behavior, and had been profusely sobbing in Saiorse's arms as he apologized for Ren's actions. Sirius and Susan's steamy and passionate love affair quickly fizzled out like a spark without a flame, leaving Sirius absolutely desperate to have Saiorse around him once more.

His eyebrows shot up as he garnered an idea, dipping the feather's tip into the ink cartridge beside him. In quick and neat handwriting, he wrote the most formal and cordial apology he could muster up.

 In quick and neat handwriting, he wrote the most formal and cordial apology he could muster up

          He sighed contentedly, folding the letter into a small, wax stamped envelope. He set it beside his small stack of parchment, closing his eyes in complete peace.

That was before he realized exactly what he wrote.

He frantically ripped the envelope open, eyes widening at his involuntary love confession to Saiorse Evans. His eyes flickered across the paper a multitudinous amount of times, and each time he read those three treacherous words, his cheeks blushed a shade of pomegranate at the thought of Saiorse reading, or hearing those words leave his lips. And the thought of her saying them back to him...

Sirius thought he would pass out.

"You're in love with her?!"

Sirius jumped at the scream from behind him, quickly reciprocating with his own frightened shriek. As his terror lessened, Sirius slapped James in the back of the head, silently scolding him for scaring the living shit out of him.

James rubbed his skull, wincing at Sirius's outburst. "What the bloody bats was that for?" He whined, scrunching his eyebrows together.

          "You scared me, you arse." Sirius scolded him accusingly, popping his knuckles as he turned back to the stack of parchment. "I didn't mean to write that, for your information. It just happened."

          "No, Padfoot, shitting your pants 'just happens'. Car accidents 'just happen'. You professing your love for Saiorse on paper doesn't 'just happen'." James replied. "You don't just write that without it being at least the slightest bit true."