in the garden, would you trust me?

005. CHAPTER FIVE
in the garden, would you trust me?

    "COME on, Severus, you know you want to." Saiorse begged in a sing-song voice. It was Monday afternoon, the two students sitting in the library. The female of the two decided to bug the male for his Potions essay, needing a cheat code for the final steps of completing Amortentia.

        "Saiorse, we're not even in the same class." Snape droned, leading his scribbled and worn down textbook away from the prying eyes of the girl. "Besides, aren't you with Lupin? Is he not micromanaging the entire project?"

        "Actually, dearest friend,"

        "We're not friends."

        "My dearest, ever-loving, cheery eyed, kindred spirit, bosom best friend,"

        "We're acquaintances, Evans."

        "Doth thine heart beat with compassion for thee? Doth thee has't the kindness to excrement the exceptional and mirthful knowledge of Potions?"

        "You're really milking this, aren't you?"

        "Mine own lief cousin, prithee, I begeth of thee. As mine own lasteth dying wisheth, I asketh of thee one thing."

        "I can't explain in words how little this conversation means to me, Saiorse."

        "As mine own lasteth dying wisheth, I asketh thou...giveth me the answers for the Amortentia project."

        "Saiorse, I said — " Severus began, but looked over at the pleading eyes of the Hufflepuff. He simply sighed, reluctantly sliding his essay to her. "Tell anyone I helped you, and I'll hex you. Got it?" The girl just smiled at him, kissing his cheek. She squealed at the thought of not having to do all of the work, her only friend, ( acquaintance according to himself ) helping her out.

        "Bye, Sev!" She yelled, departing from the library with the notes in her hand. She wanted to find Remus, to tell him that she had all of the answers. Was she going to tell him she got them from Severus? Absolutely not.

        She couldn't seem to find the taller Gryffindor anywhere, in fact, she couldn't find any of the Marauders. Not that she was looking for them, of course.

        She tread along the hallways, and since it was after classes, she tried to see if any of the boys had been planning or just gallivanting around the school. She couldn't spot any of the boys, not even James, the most excitable Marauder.

         As she was wandering, she found herself walking in the Ravenclaw tower, coming to a place she hadn't been since the end of fifth year.

        "Helena?" She called out. A grey, translucent figure floated from the wall, a small smile on her face. Helena was happy to see her old friend. Saiorse used to sit up in the tower with Helena for hours, just talking about everything. Helena knew about Saiorse's situation, after days and days of life confessions. Saiorse was one the only people Helena trusted with anything, the ghost and the girl knowing a lot about the other.

        "Saiorse. It's so nice to see you again!" The spirit exclaimed, floating over to the redhead. The latter plopped down in front of the ghost, patting the spot in front of her. The spectral crossed her legs, carefully hovering in the spot she had tapped.

        "Sixth year, how exciting. I remember my own like it was yesterday," Helena smiled nostalgically, looking out towards the courtyard. "Tomorrow, it will have been the 978th anniversary of my engagement. Too bad I died."