everything has changed

018. CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
everything has changed

7:30 A.M., 12/24/1976

         "IT'S Christmas Eve!"

          "Bloody hell, James! Shut up for once in your life!"

          Saiorse's head was throbbing for three exact reasons. For one, it throbbed from the aftermath of the atomic alcohol consumption the night before. Second, James just direly having to scream the obvious in her ear, and then finally, the huge knot she had gotten on her forehead on the bed above from James's yell. The pounding of her head had become incredibly loud in her ears, the girl beginning to shake her hung over sister that was sprawled out beside her.

          "No." Lily groaned childishly, pulling Saiorse's pillow over her head. The latter rolled the girl off of the left side of the bed, shoving her to the ground with a loud smack. Lily groaned again, fuming as she glared up at Saiorse from the wooden floor beneath her.

          "Blame your snogging buddy, Lils." she smiled, the smile dropping as quick as humanly possible when she watched her sister calmly get up from the ground. She took it as a sign to run as soon as Lily lunged for her, dashing out of the entryway to the next room, slamming her body against the wooden door.

          "Saiorse!" Sirius yelled, startled as he threw his arms around his bare chest, as if he had something to cover. "What are you doing here? Can you not see I'm basically naked?"

          Saiorse slid down the door, snickering loudly as Lily banged on the door to get in. She turned the lock, letting out a breath of relief. "First of all, Sirius, I may or may not have pushed Lily off of the bed while she was hungover and is chasing me in a fit of rage, and second, you're weird as shit."

          "Did James yell in your ear too?" Peter asked from beneath his own silk sheets, rubbing his tired and hungover eyes. She nodded, squealing as Lily had somehow gotten the door unlocked, and opened.

          "I'll kill you, Saiorse Josephine!"

          "Lily, no! You will not cast the jelly legs jinx in this house!" James yelled as Lily barged in.

          "Too late."

9:45 A.M., 12/24/1976

        "YOU insubordinate children! Did I or did I not tell you to not heavily drink!"

          Euphemia Potter's shrill voice rang throughout the wooden walls of the Potter household, the six teenagers stood in front of the woman, all with sunglasses sat on the bridge of their noses. Sirius just grabbed her hand, spinning her into a dip. "It's all good, Mia. We had a grand old time, didn't we, Prongs?"

          "Yes, mum, and isn't that what matters?" James asked, sticking his bottom lip out at his mother. She couldn't help but crack a small grin, shooing the two boys into the dining room as she prepared breakfast for the six children.

          "Alright, so, here's the plan for today." Lily began, helping Euphemia set a large plate of scones in front of Sirius, who in turn grabbed about five of the pastries. "Each of us will have our own rooms to wrap in, and we're actually going to be doing Secret Santa tonight. We'll set all of our presents out individually, and we'll all gather in the parlor at midnight to open them. We're not waking up at 4 in the morning tomorrow, James, and we will not be shoving people off of beds either, Saiorse."