hang your head low in the glow

002. CHAPTER TWO
hang your head low in the glow

          "SHIT." The frazzled ginger sighed. The boy sitting
in front of her looked incredibly familiar, like she had seen him millions of times before. Like she had heard his voice millions of times before.

          "Oh, don't let me interrupt you." He smirked, putting his hands up with innocence.

          That's when she realized it. Sirius Black.

          She wasn't going to straight up ask him. This teenage boy was obviously a little on the cockier side, Saiorse realized, so there was no way she was going to give into his charms and announce she knew his identity.

          Absolutely not.

          "What are you doing here?" She asked, running a hand through her tousled red hair. It was mysterious enough that he was sitting in this huge, hidden, dark room just smoking a cigarette, but the way he was talking to her was odd. No one spoke to her in a way that wasn't condescending, at least not anymore.

           "I think that's what my question would be for you." He answered.

          "Oh, avoiding the question are we?" She retorted back.
If there was anything Saiorse Evans hated more, it was someone who wasn't communicating with her in a way that was satisfactory. Manipulative? Yes. Efficient? Also a yes.

          "No, I just — " He began, but as he searched Saiorse's features, it dawned on him. "Slutty Saiorse?"

          She groaned, putting a hand on her forehead. Sirius Black, the boy who had spray painted "Slutty Saiorse" on the third floor hallway with James Potter, has finally uncovered her identity.

          "It's just Saiorse." She sighed. The ginger had never liked Sirius Black, not even when her sister would describe his jokes and personality. He definitely didn't strike her fancy when he had taunted her for months, even less now.

          "Right, right." He nodded, looking towards the floor. It just so happened that he had never apologized.

          "Who were you running from?" asked Sirius after a
tense moment of silence. Saiorse let out a snicker, fiddling with the small diamond ring on her right hand she had received the year before.

          "Evan Rosier. I told him I fucked his girlfriend and then broke his nose." She laughed, glimpses of the Slytherin boy's face flashing through her mind.

          "Really?" Sirius laughed, choking on his cigarette smoke. The redhead nodded at him, still smiling at the thought. Sirius had gotten a bit less tense than when the girl had first entered the room, allowing his shoulders to slump down and allowing his lips to upturn into a real smile.

          "And you're a Hufflepuff?" He asked again, getting the same response. Saiorse wasn't even offended when Black had called her slutty, but what she was offended by was the slight slander of her Hogwarts house.

          The Evans girl had always felt that Hufflepuffs got way too much hate, being looked down upon for their kindness and understanding. She didn't understand how a person valuing loyalty and being courteous was a menace in another's life.

         She also didn't understand how others thought that the gold and black house "couldn't" show any other attitude than being nice and calm. Like they couldn't get angry and act upon it, like they couldn't get revenge on someone who wronged them.