hold on to the memories

009. CHAPTER NINE
hold on to the memories

        "JAMES, please go sit at your own table."

     "Never, dear Saiorse."

The redhead groaned, her forehead hitting the table after slipping down her hand. Early that morning, some of the only students in Hogwarts, including Saiorse Evans and James Potter, awoke to see the first signs of snow that late November day. The Quidditch Cup having been won by Gryffindor the night before, James was ecstatic.

Mostly tired.

"Please, go fight over my sister or something. You sitting over here is gonna bring — "

"Oh, Prongsie!"

"The rest of them."

Remus, Peter, and Sirius dashed over to the Hufflepuff table, confusing students all around the Great Hall. Murmurs were thrown around the room as the three boys bounded towards the pair, wanting to know what was so special about Slutty Saiorse Evans.

"Hello, dear Saiorse." Remus smiled at the girl, using her new nickname used by the four, sitting down across from James, Peter sitting next to him. Sirius forced James and Saiorse to scoot over.

"Just scoot over, James." She huffed, glaring playfully at the other boy. "He'll throw a fit if not."

"Damn right, I will." Sirius told her, reaching over the girl and James to grab a scone from the dish. She pushed him back down, rolling her eyes as he happily broke it apart.

"Listen, if you guys are going to be sitting here, you, specifically one of you," she said pointedly, poking Sirius in the arm, "need to learn table manners."

"Table manners?" The black haired boy asked, shoving the pastry into his mouth as he spewed crumbs onto the plate below.

"Yes, like not talking with your mouth full, asking for food instead of reaching over."

"Both, I'm guessing, are for Sirius?" Remus asked her, spreading butter on a piece of bread. She nodded, looking over at the boy who was throwing pieces of granola over her head and at James.

"Sirius? Dear?" She asked him as he finally hit James in the eye. Her eyes trailed to the cup next to him filled to the brim with a dark brown liquid. She grabbed it, moving it to the opposite side of the four. "No more coffee for you."

          "DEFENSE Against the Dark Arts has always been my favorite. Did you know that, Saiorse?" Sirius asked her, the four boys trailing behind the girl who just wanted to get to Professor Merrythought's class in peace.

"Wow, I had no idea. You know what's my favorite?"

"What?"

"When you shut the hell up."

James choked on his laugh, Saiorse beginning to laugh at the boy tripping up. Sirius pouted, crossing his arms across his chest. "Well, that's too bad for you because that's something I'm not too experienced in."

Saiorse simply turned around to flip him off, treading into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. It almost looked like a smaller version of the Great Hall, the room containing arched wood ceilings and large glass windows lining the walls. The usual eighteen conjoined desks that sat in the middle of the classroom were pushed against the wall, the various trinkets that were usually strewn about the room were sat carefully and meticulously on the shelves lining the wall above.