poke that bear 'til her claws come out

014. CHAPTER FOURTEEN
poke that bear 'til her claws come out

"WHAT the fuck!" Marlene cried, holding her nose that was now gushing with blood. A stinging sensation went through Saiorse's knuckles, yet it felt like nothing compared to the rage inside of her. Euphemia watched as she tried to stifle a smile, the rest of the children bounding from the dining room to see what the commotion was about.

Marlene, still cradling her most likely broken nose, had shakily stood up, looking towards the rest of the lot behind the huffing girl who had just punched her in the face.

"You fucking bitch." Saiorse hissed, marching up to the girl. She reared her fist back once more, a blow landing right below Marlene's eyebrow.

"Oh, shit." Sirius gasped, watching Saiorse began to climb on top of the girl. Marlene began to thrash around underneath Saiorse, landing a punch on her lip. The girl immediately reacted, punching Marlene in the jaw, holding her knees on the girl's elbows.

"You ruined everything." Saiorse laughed bitterly, licking the blood off of her lip. "How dare you lie to my family, you pathetic bitch!"

"Get off of me!" Marlene growled, still trying to thrash underneath Saiorse's hold. She wouldn't let go.

"My dear fucking daddy kicked me out of my own fucking home because you were entitled enough to think you could spew all of these damn lies without consequences." She told her, scowling with rage at the girl beneath her. "I'm so done playing nice with you. You're a fucking pyschotic bitch that ruins people for your own sick little game. If you ever, and I mean ever, do anything like this to me or the people I care about again, I will do so much more than beat your ass."

"You're just a crazy slut with a dead boyfriend." Marlene spat, her eye starting to swell. "Go back to the psych ward, whore!"

Saiorse almost felt like she had blacked out as the sentence escaped the girl's mouth, landing countless punches to the girl's face. Her fists felt like they were on fire, but it didn't matter. She couldn't stop. It was all she felt she could do.

Marlene had finally got her arms from underneath the girl's knees, clawing Saiorse in the face. Three, long slashes surfaced from the girl's skin, a sharp cry emitting from Saiorse's throat as she had began attacking Marlene once more.

Marlene had gotten away with doing way too many things to Saiorse. She had brought everything Saiorse went through to a completely different level. Marlene made what seemed to be the worst, even more horrible than it already was.

Saiorse was sobbing by the time two pairs of arms had grabbed her from behind, trying as hard as they could to get her back into the house. Marlene was escorted by Euphemia back to the taxi as she cried, getting a stern look anytime she tried to speak to the woman.

"Take her upstairs." Remus told the two boys, Peter beginning to help him gather rubbing alcohol and gauze into his arms. Tears were still streaming down her face, Sirius and James practically having to carry the girl up the stairs.

They had set her down on the counter, her wounds on her hands and face profusely bleeding. Her knuckles were completely split, stinging each time she tried to make her bruised hand into a fist again.

"Jesus, I mean, I knew you were a badass, but I didn't know you could punch like that." James laughed, handing a tissue to the girl as Sirius attempted to dab her injury with the alcohol. She didn't respond, just occasionally wincing when a sensitive spot was touched with a rag.