136. welcome to the family [narrated]

sunday, 7th of April, 2019

"Layla!"

As soon as I hear Stella's voice calling her little sister, I look at Harry, who is trying to find where does the voice come from.

Fuck, they're here.

My mom told me they would arrive at twelve, but it's barely ten in the morning, which makes me think that she probably did it on purpose to meet Harry.

When I had a talk with her the other day about Harry helping me with Layla, she seemed excited to get to know him, but I quickly told her that it wouldn't happen any time soon. Of course, she did not accept my answer.

"Where's Layla?" Stella is getting closer and once she's in the living room, her jaw drops to the floor. "Oh my fucking God."

"Stella! What was that?" exclaims my aunt Cori, appearing behind her with a very angry face that changes into a surprise expression the moment she sees us. "Oh, good morning. I'm Corina."

"Good morning, I'm Harry," Harry replies politely while I smile.

"Layla is upstairs, she's sleeping," I add, remembering what Stella asked before she saw Harry standing in my living room.

"Thank you, darling." My aunt grabs my cousin's hand. "And nice to meet you, Harry!" She exclaims before going up the stairs.

"Nice to meet you too!" Harry looks entertained.

Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea.

"Harry's here?" My mom's voice approaches the living room. Her wide green eyes encounter both Harry and I, and the excitement is undeniable. "Oh, Harry! We finally meet!"

Harry giggles at my mom's energy, walking towards her to offer his hand.

"It's a pleasure, Mrs Wallace."

My mom basically slaps the air while shaking her head in denial.

"Just call me Vee." She opens her arms and goes in for a hug that Harry accepts tenderly. "You're more good-looking in person." My mom winks an eye at me, confidentially.

"What's going on?" My dad comes in the room right when my mom and Harry break the hug. "Harry, right?"

"Yes. Nice to meet you." Harry offers his hand again, and this time my dad accepts it, but he shakes it vigorously before patting his shoulder.

"I'm Leo." My dad frowns as he steps back to stand next to my mom. "And you're tall. What do they feed kids these days?"

"Whatever it was, they didn't give it to us," My uncle says, carrying my mom's suitcase. "Nice to meet you, Harry."

It looks like Harry is the Queen greeting everyone.

"Nice to meet you too." They shake hands, normally this time. "May I help you with that?" Harry points at the suitcases.

"No, no," My mom exclaims promptly, walking towards us. "They're strong enough. I want you two to tell me everything."

She grabs both mine and Harry's hand and leads us to the couch, leaving my dad and my uncle with the suitcases, which they carry upstairs.

"I was wondering when would Ariel finally get herself a boyfriend," My uncle comments, following my dad and making my mom shake her head at how lost he is.

"I think you missed a few years from her life," responds my dad.

Their voices fade away as they continue the small discussion about my love life inside my parents' bedroom, where they leave the luggage.