101. rain [narrated]

wednesday, 27th of february, 2019

"No! That's an X!" I exclaim in the middle of a laugh, looking at Harry trying to say his own name in sign language.

"You're a terrible teacher, that's not my fault."

"You are the terrible student. Don't blame me." I frown, but I can't keep my offended expression for too long.

We're in an empty parking lot, our coffees already finished and our hands making signs that mean the letters of our names. The air is filled with our laughter and the sound of the rain drops colliding against Chad's Jeep add the atmosphere for a perfect evening next to him.

In the past, my ex took me to fancy restaurants, the theater, amusement parks or bowling, and I could've said the place had a lot to do with the way I felt after the date.

With Harry everything is different. Maybe it's just because I didn't experience much, but I want to believe it's purely because of the person. Spending a couple hours inside of a car with him learning sign language is a better date idea to me than bowling or going to watch a movie. And the reason is merely Harry. As long as he is with me, I don't care where we go.

That's scary, Ariel.

"Thank you," He says putting his hand down on his lap. I frown. "For taking me out of my house, it was starting to get depressing."

"Why?" I turn around a little bit to look at his profile.

Now that I escrutinize him better I can see the dark circles under his eyes and the extended tired expression printed on his facial features. Last time I saw him there was a cheerful essence surrounding him, but now it's gone.

"I've been working a lot and overthinking. I would've gone crazy if it wasn't for you." He straightens his arm and reaches my hand with his fingers to grab it. "Thank you, angel."

"You would have done the same for me." I squeeze his hand slightly. "I love you," I whisper looking at him.

Harry's clear eyes look straight at mine, smiling widely and showing me his white teeth. The gesture brings some happiness to his facial expression, which lightens up the rainy day all of a sudden.

"What?" I ask in the middle of a giggle, raising my eyebrows.

"I like how that sounds." Harry wets his lips before showing me again his bright and cheerful smile. "I love you, angel."

"You're so cheesy," I say rolling my eyes.

"And you're so blatantly dry." I let out a chuckle and shake my head, looking through the car window.

"It's already dark outside." I bite my bottom lip and arch my eyebrows. "Do you wanna go out?"

"Where?"

"Here." Harry frowns and looks around, but he can barely see a thing due to the foggy atmosphere. "There's not a soul. Plus, it's dark and rainy. No one would see us."

"I don't want to catch a cold, angel."

I roll my eyes and contain the smile that crosses my lips.

"Fine," I say as I grab the empty coffee cups. "Stay here then, I'm gonna go throw this away and enjoy the rain all by myself."

I open the car door and get out, winking an eye at Harry. Seconds after hearing his lovely laugh I close the door. I hear the door opening and closing again as he gets out of the car, but I gather all the strength in my body to play it cool and search for a trash can. When I find one, I walk towards it, hearing the sound of his steps and the rain drops in the background.