64. it's just me [narrated]

friday, 11th of January, 2019

«I'm waiting» is the last thing I read from him.

While I was googling him and all the facts he told me about his personal life, I didn't realize I'd probably have to face a celebrity. It just felt like I was playing some investigation game or being part of a TV show about finding someone.

I sit on my bed, looking at my phone vibrating because of his texts.

Holy shit, he's really here.

Not only Harry Styles the celebrity, but Harry. Just Harry. My friend. The tough guy, the mafia boss, the florist, prince Harry. The person I talked to for months and considered my best friend is knocking on my door.

And what am I doing? Sitting on my bed.

"Ariel!"

Is he yelling? Outside of my house?

"Ariel! Open the door!"

He is.

I get up and walk down the stairs, hearing the knocks on my door.

"Angel!"

I smile widely at the sound of the nickname he put me.

Oh God. This is real.

I go to the door, take a deep breath, and finally open it.

All the strength my body and mind can gather is used to stop me from closing the door right in his face when I see his brilliant smile and clear eyes looking right at me.

I saw him before. On Instagram, YouTube, even Taco Bell, but never thought I'd have him in my front door smiling at me.

"Don't freak out, angel," He says, his big smile fading into a timid one, "It's just me, Prince Harry."

I gulp and punch myself internally for not reacting.

Then, I do one of the most impulsive yet relieving things of this year so far, even more than accepting to meet a stranger. I just eliminate the distance between us and wrap my arms around his torso, hugging him as tight as I can. But I feel completely secure and calmed when he hugs me back.

"You smell like the book," I say and frown. Why did I say that? He chuckles, making his chest vibrate.

"Thank you. You don't smell like Taco Bell."

I put some distance to look a him with my eyebrows frowned.

"You're beautiful and adorable, Ariel."

I blush. I can't look at my cheeks, but I know, thanks to the heat in them, that I'm blushing like a red traffic light.

"Come in," I say nervously, stepping back to let him in.

Right after I close the door and turn around, I hug him again. It feels comfortable, it feels right to have him this close finally, everything is coming together in just a couple seconds.

But I'm also afraid that when I look again at his face I'm gonna freak out.

He's really beautiful, and I'm... not.

He chuckles again and runs his fingers through my hair before I put some distance between us. I don't want him thinking I'm too clingy.

"You need to answer my questions," I say, noticing how his smile goes away.

He nods, biting his lips. I lead him to the living room and let him sit on the sofa, while I'm sitting legs crossed on the coffee table right in front of him.