135. harry ramsay [narrated]

saturday, 7th of April, 2019

After my parents left at ten in the morning, I stayed a few hours playing with Layla and her toys, waiting for Harry, who came just a few hours later.

Layla immediately loved him. And nobody can't blame her for that. Harry was being as cautious and nice as anyone can be with an almost three year old kid whose favorite hobby is to request and see how the adults responsible of her well-being go out of their way to fulfill her whims. I, on the other hand, was not as patient as him.

It was barely five in the afternoon when one of her whims kicked in. This time she didn't want to order McDonald's -which I tried to refuse to since I prefer Taco Bell, but Harry stopped me from fighting with a child-, either go to the backyard to drink some tea like she wanted us to do after lunch. What she wanted was to go to the park.

It's normal in a kid her age to want to go where one can find more children and have fun in an open space.

However, my first reaction was to say no and suggest to stay at home, for Harry and the fact that he is recognized everywhere he goes. But he was already standing up, ready to leave.

Layla, obviously, ran towards him and took his hand while I was trying to process his reaction.

With his usual sweetness Harry assured me that going out was not a problem for him as long as it wasn't for me.

From the first step to the last one out of my house my heart was pounding in my throat. I had never been out with Harry this way, not surrounded by so many people or trying to hide.

I couldn't even spend much time next to him at first, because miss Layla demanded my presence to play with her in the sand. Before approaching us, he was stopped by some teenagers who wanted a picture with him.

For Harry it may have not meant a lot, but I almost combusted when he got closer to me and left a peck on my lips, in front of people who knew him for his career. I acted normal, though, like him, but the so mentioned butterflies were making their appearance. Or maybe it was just the burger of very dubious provenance trying to be digested.

When we got out of the sand because more kids came, the question hadn't left my mind yet.

"Why did you decide to come?" I finally ask him, after several minutes in my musings questioning if it was right to ask him about his decision.

I thought I concealed it well. But I didn't.

"I was wondering how long would it take you to ask me." He shakes his head, amused. "I just wanted to do something normal with my girlfriend."

I bite my lips to hide the smile.

"Everyone's gonna know now."

"I don't care." Harry shrugs and looks at me. "Do you?"

His magnetic eyes, which I still can't decide whether they're green, blue or grey, look at me fixedly, waiting for an answer.

"I just don't want you to get in trouble."

"In trouble?" Harry repeats with confussion.

"What Niall said," I remind him.

"Oh," He pronounces slowly, remembering when his Irish friend let me know there were people who didn't approve our relationship. "There's nothing to worry about."

Harry looks away. He's avoiding me so he doesn't have to tell me the truth. Even though I could get mad, I know the only reason he does it is because he thinks is the best.