🖤 N I N E T E E N 🖤

🖤 Chapter Nineteen: Close Call 🖤

"Inra! Hey, Inra!"

I turned my head, not expecting to see Oliver running over with his hand in the hair, signaling me.

I stopped and turned around as I waited for him to catch up. I smiled. "Hey, Holman."

He grinned and stopped in front of me, resting his hands on his knees as he caught his breath. "Phew. Jeez, you walk kinda fast, y'know?"

I shrugged and turned back around, him following next to me. "Maybe. Or you just walk slow." I smiled over at him.

He chuckled, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Maybe."

We walked in silence, enjoying the subtle breeze. I smiled to myself, remembering this morning. After all these long years he finally shows up. I finally get to see him again. I no longer have to cry myself to sleep missing him. I no longer have to go in my dresser and take out a shirt of his just to be able to remember what he smelt like.

"You look happy."

I looked over at him, the smile still on my face. "Huh? Oh, yeah." I let out a small laugh, "Yeah, I am."

He didn't ask what I was happy about. He only smiled and turned his head back forward. I smiled at his behavior and turned my head forward as well. Even though he stinks at Japanese, his voice and his sucky accent are enchanting; Smooth like butter, sweet like candy. 

"So where are your friends? 'Thought you said you normally walked with them."

I nodded in confirmation, "I did. But today I wanted to walk by myself."

He stared at me from the cover of his eye, "Even though you have a stalker?"

I nearly choked on the breath I took. I coughed, trying to clear my throat. "Wh-Where did you hear that?"

He shrugged with his eyes closed, "Some people were talking about it from school." He turned to look at me. "Inra, do you really have a stalker?"

I nodded, trying to keep the smile from creeping onto my face. "I did. But I got it settled. He won't be bothering me anymore."

"Did you call the police on him?"

I nodded once again, the walk falling into silence.

"Shit!"

I jumped at the sudden outburst, staring at him with a 'w.t.f.' kinda face.

"Oh- uh.. sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck shamefully, "I just remembered, I just remembered I have something important to do. I gotta catch ya later, Inra! Cya!"

I waved, watching him run forward and round a corner up ahead. "Cya."

The rest of the walk home was silent and boring, the only noise was the music coming from my headphones. It was peaceful just walking out here. The weather was nice, a bit chillier than normal, but still nice.

I walked up the set of stairs and over to my apartment door, taking out my keys to unlock it. I stepped inside and kicked off my shoes, exhausted. "Izaya! I'm home!" I called, placing down my bag.

There was no answer. I walked into the living room, not seeing him, "Izaya?" I looked over to the kitchen where there was a bright yellow sticky note placed on the fridge;

'I have some business stuff to do. I'll check by later C:'

I smiled at the note, specifically the smiley face. We used to always leave notes around the house for each other when we were younger. Every single one of his had a smiley face. And every single one of mine had a heart. It made me happy to know he still did them.