🖤 S E V E N T E E N 🖤

🖤 Chapter Seventeen: The call 🖤

🖤🖤🖤

I sat next to Mikado and Masaomi, legs shaking in fear and anticipation as a blanket was wrapped around me. Mikado sat down in front of me with a cup of tea in his hand.

I reached out and took it from him, making a small sip. "Thank you."

He nodded. Masaomi sat a few feet away staring at the two of us. "So." He started, "I'm gonna guess you saw him again?"

I sighed and nodded my head. "I saw him outside during my science class. He was just... staring at me. Through the window where I was seated with this creepy smirk on his face. I've been seeing him everywhere, and he even broke into my house."

Mikado looked over to the side, scratching his cheek nervously, "W-Well... He technically didn't break in..."

Inra scowled. "I don't care if he did or not. He was inside my home when I didn't want him to be."

A shaky sighed left my mouth as I buried my head in my blanket-covered knees, "A-A-And now he's back, and left a note in my locker."

Mikado's brows rose in surprise, "He left you a note in your locker?"

"You never told us that." Masaomi scooted a little bit closer to us.

"I was in a hurry to leave. I'm sorry I didn't tell you guy's before." I moved the blanket from around my shoulders to around my head. 

"It's alright. You were scared and wanted to leave. You don't have to apologize." Mikado put a reassuring hand on my shoulder, making me smile. "What did the note say?"

"It said, 'I'll be visiting soon' with a little smiley face next to it. It was signed by, 'You know'."

"You still have the pepper spray I got you, right?"

I nodded, pointing my finger at my bag that lay next to the door. "Mhm. It's in my bag."

"If he does come back, I'd get ready to use it."

I looked over at my bag, seeing the bright pink puffball hanging out of my bag. 

🖤🖤🖤

It had been a little while and we were walking outside to hopefully distract me for at least a few minutes. I was thankful for that.

"So where do you want to go, Inra?" Mikado asked.

I looked around at the dark city, looking for something we could do. There were a few shops open but none catered to our age. "Uh... Do you guys mind going to the park with me?"

"Oh, the park~. How romantic!" Masaomi grinned with his hands on the back of his head. I weakly smiled at his little comment.

We made our way over to the park and sat there for a little while in silence. It was nice just sitting out here. It was a little chilly, so we sat close to one another. It had been so long since Mikado and I had done something like this. When we were little we would go to the park every day after school. It was handy living only a street over. We didn't need to schedule to hang out. We just asked our parents and met up at the park.

I smiled, staring at the fountain, recalling when Mikado and I first met.

"Stop it! Leave me alone!" Cried out a small boy. It was second grade during recess, and Mikado had gotten himself in a pickle.