🖤 T W E N T Y - T W O 🖤

🖤Chapter Twenty-Two: The Visit 🖤

🖤🖤🖤

I slap his arm, a violent blush on my cheeks at his comment. "Don't say things like that!"

"Come on, man. Do you have to say it so loud?"

"Or at all!"

"Uh... Pardon me for intruding..."

We all turned our heads to see the same boy we were talking about standing there with a cookie wrapped in a napkin in his hand.

Masaomi smirked at him, causing him to stare at him in confusion. "Oh, no, we don't mind. I'm sure our friend here wouldn't mind the company." He draped his arm around my shoulder.

I glared at him, pushing his arm off me, "Do you mind? You smell."

"Sorry about them. What did you need?" Mikado asked, sweatdropping at the two of our bickering.

"Uh... we made this new recipe and are asking customers to try them free of charge."

"Oh, really?" I asked, suddenly interested at the mention of a free cookie. "What kind is it?"

"It's a peanut butter cookie."

I stared at the cookie with gleaming eyes, "Sure! We'll try it, no problem!"

He smiled and set the cookie down on the table, walking away.

I reached over and broke off a piece of the cookie and began to eat it.

My eyes gleam happily, 'It's chewy! I love chewy cookies!'

Mikado reached over and tore off a piece as well, eating it. "Oh, wow. This is really good."

I picked up my coffee, taking a sip. It was a pretty good coffee. Sweet, but not overwhelmingly so.

Masaomi reached over and tore a large piece off, sticking it in his mouth. "Mmmm! This is good!" He exclaimed through a mouthful of the peanut butter cookie. I rolled my eyes at him and reached over to tear off another piece of the cookie.

I held out the piece to Anri. I noticed her staring at it, but made no move to take some for herself. She glanced at the cookie in my hand and back at me, gingerly reaching her hand out to take it. I smiled at her.

She returned it with a small nod, slowly eating it. "Thank you."

She wasn't the most social butterfly, but that was something that would be bound to change with time.

I picked up my coffee again and took another sip, glancing out of the window. 

My heart sank.

I sputtered my coffee, it getting on the table in front of me. The others looked at me strangely,

"Inra? Are you okay? What's the matter?" Mikado questioned, staring at me with worried eyes.

I stood up abruptly and ran around the table, gripping Mikado's arm. "We need to go!" I whispered, staring at the people who were crossing the street.

"What's the matter?" Mikado peeked out of the window, but I stopped him. 

"My parents! They're here, Mikado!"

His eyes widened, "What? They followed you?!"

"I-I don't know!" I gripped my hair, beginning to hyperventilate. "Shit, Mikado!"

"Inra! Calm down! Take a breath, would 'ya?!" Masaomi stood up from his chair, trying to calm me down.

"Shut up! Listen to me. They're gonna enter this store. So I need both of you to cover for us. The cookie is still there, if they ask questions about me, tell them we had to leave because one of us had a peanut allergy and the other made sure they got to the hospital. Understand?"