🖤 T W E L V E 🖤

🖤Chapter Twelve: Who is he?🖤

"Mo-Monster!!!"

I gasped and turned my head away from the gang members and towards the other side of the alley, where a man in his late 20's- maybe early '30s ran across our vision.

Masaomi snickered and hit both Mikado and I's arm, yelling, "Let's go!"

🖤🖤🖤

Earlier that day, Masaomi, Anri and I were walking home from school and Mikado just happened to catch up to us.

"You took some guff the other day," Says Mikado,

I looked away from across the street and looked at the clear awkward tension between him and Anri.

"Oh, yeah."

I puffed out my cheeks to hold in a laugh. Mikado looked away nervously as he thought of what to say next.

'The poor boy is so head-over-heels for her it's not even funny,'

I looked at Masaomi who looked at me. We both shared a humored smile, and I looked back at Mikado,

'Yes, it is,'

I smiled widely.

"I sure didn't see that coming! You puttin' the moves on her before me."

Mikado scoffed and turned around, "That isn't what I was doing,"

"But, you know, It's all good. I think if I were you, I would've taken that shot and scored. By now, I would be whispering sweet nothings into her ear in West Gate Park."

I glared over at him with my cheek puffed out, "Yeah, and leaving your friend out by herself while you ran away from the bartender,"

Masaomi grinned and got on his knee in front of Anri, completely ignoring me, exclaiming, "Dump the chump and go out with me!"

Mikado and Anri gasped,

"Wh-What are you-?!" Mikado stammered over his words as he stared at the flirtatious Masaomi.

"Um, I'm not-"

"It's alright!" Masaomi interrupted, "You don't need to answer right away! I've got the same offer out to seven other girls and I still don't know who I want most."

I crossed my arms and glared down at him, "With the way he talks, I'm surprised you haven't already said no. Who wants a man who will potentially cheat on you for another girl."

"Don't waste your time trying to make sense of this guy, Anri. It'll just make your head hurt. I know he likes to act like a playboy, but he's actually far from it. Last time he hit on a girl-"

"Okay, you've said enough!"

Masaomi snickered and jumped onto Mikado, making both of them fall.

I smiled at the two, 'I never realized he and Masaomi were such good friends,'

"I can tell... you're good friends."

Masaomi grinned, "Yeah! Best friends!"

"It's the cross I bear," Mikado smiled at Anri.

I laughed awkwardly at them as they began roughhousing on the ground, Mikado begging for mercy while Masaomi kept harassing him-- in a friendly way, of course.

I remember the first day of school. This guy named Seiji Yagiri just came into class at an absurd time and said that he wouldn't ever be returning to school and just left out of the blue after saying it was something very important to him.