Eighteen||Part Two

Start from the beginning

"You don't belong here," he ran his hand down her arm.

"I don't know where I belong." She said with a distant look in her eyes. "Not anymore."

Iris stood up and knocked on the door. The door opened, and Nia peeked her head inside to see Iris tying up her robe. "We're done."

Not trusting her judgment, Nia looked at Logan, who came behind her, his jacket in his hand.

"Tonight, I leave a lucky man," he gave Nia an assuring grin.

Nia politely returned the favor as Logan discreetly placed a business card inside Iris's palm.

"Right this way, sir." Nia gestured for him to leave.

"I had a really nice time, Iris," was the last thing Logan said before getting walked out by Nia.

Iris watched him go for a moment before looking down at the card to see it had the address and number of a hotel written on it.

||||||||||

The first thing that Iris did when she got home was draw herself a bath. She always felt so disgusting after leaving the club. Like the more she danced for those men, the more worthless she became.

Usually, her baths would consist of her thinking about drowning herself, slowly watching her life fade into black.

Then the thought of Nia barging in to bring her back made the idea seem pointless. Besides, that would just be an excuse for her to touch her, and that's the last thing Iris wanted.

However, tonight suicide wasn't on her mind - Logan was.

Her body couldn't stop tingling, for even the thought of his rough hands on her body made her feel so alive. That accent was like music to her ears, his vibes making her feel so secure. It was unlike anything she had ever experienced before.

Too bad, he was a fool. Anyone who tried to kill Vernon Hades only had a death wish for themselves.

Nothing could take Vernon down, not the FBI, not a bullet, not a car crash, not even Bin Laden himself. The man was invincible, powerful, and could withstand anything you throw at him.

Why is it that evil people seem to have nine lives while the innocent die right on the spot?

Though she was alive, Iris considered herself to be dead. She died a long time ago.

Well, a little bit of life came back since her encounter with Logan tonight.

If she could redo this night, it would be just to see him again.

Pushing her thoughts to the side, Iris began to scrub the sin off her body, failing epically but continuing to do so anyway.

No matter how hard she scrubbed, she could still see the looks of all those men. She could still feel the way Nia's hands touched her involuntarily.

The nights where she had to lay there while Vernon did whatever he wanted to her.

Hot tears welled in her eyes as she scrubbed even harder, inflicting pain on her arm that was screaming for relief.

Iris tossed her body sponge across the bathroom, going into a full-fledged tantrum. She slammed her fist into the water, suds flying and spilling all over the place as she screamed out in desperation.

Her heart ached, the sensation causing her whole body to shake as she held her knees to her naked body, silently sobbing.

After her break down, she slipped on her robe. Then she went into her bedroom to sit in front of her vanity set. Once she was moisturized, she walked into her walk-in closet for some PJs.

While searching through her lace negligees, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her torso, startling her.

"Whoa there," his villainous voice caused a cold chill down her spine. "Hey, beautiful."

After living with him for the last few years, she would think she was used to him. Yet, that was anything but the case. He was still able to scare the hell out of her.

"Vernon," she gulped, "You're home." She closed her eyes, feeling his lips attach to her neck. "How was business?"

"Oh, it was business," he moves her hair to one side, ignoring the fact that he could feel her tense up as he switched to the other side of her neck.

"Nia told me you and the girls did good tonight. Even satisfied a new customer."

"Yeah," was all she said.

Vernon turned Iris around, pulling her close. She could already feel his erection poking at her.

Iris was repulsed but kept her composure. She didn't want to make him angry.

"You know I like it when I hear good news. Lets me know my girl's been good."

Iris gave a small smile as he ran his hand down the side of her face. "It's good to have you home," the lie struggled to come off her lips.

"It's good to be home. I've been thinking about you the entire time I've been away." He had this look in his eyes, and Iris knew exactly what he was talking about.

Plus, he reached down to untie her robe.

"Tonight?" Iris immediately went to grab his hands.

He slowly licked his lips, roughly taking hold of her hips, which caused her to let out a whimper.

Vernon's lips curved into an evil smirk, "I'm not asking."

Iris gave a fake smile, trying to hide the fear that was rushing through her veins. Sometimes she didn't even know why she tried with Vernon.

No one ever tells him no, not unless they're looking for trouble.

Complying, she backed away from him, untying her robe.

Vernon watched in awe as she pulled it off her shoulders, letting it drop to the ground.

Grabbing hold of his hand, she mentally let out a sigh as she led the smirking man to the bedroom.

****

New rule with these short stories. I will only write five parts (which is technically six when you count the first initial part) If I'm writing like six or more parts, they might as well be a whole book.

If I have intentions of writing a full book, then they'll only have one part, like the very first short story.

But everything else only six parts. More coming! Thanks for reading.