Eight||Part Two

"Objects in the Mirror"

It was a blazing hot day. So, hot that Jordan didn't bother to put on real clothes. After her shower, she put on a sheer pink lingerie one piece and left it at that. When she woke up this morning, she found a note from Max saying he had gone into town to get some groceries for them.

Since he was out, she used the time to blast music and clean the house, which was her favorite thing to do. All her life, she had someone picking up after her, and it wasn't until she left the spotlight of fame that she realized how therapeutic and accomplishing it was to clean up.

By the time Max got home, Jordan was outside watering their plants with the hose. Their dogs were running around playing with one another while Spot was sitting peacefully on the porch steps.

With dark shades over his eyes, Max checks her out.

"Hey, beautiful," he greets Jordan, holding grocery bags and some mail.

"Hey," Jordan looks back at him with a smile.

After turning off the water, she puts down the hose and greets him with a kiss.

"Just bills?" she takes the envelopes out of his hand.

"And another letter from your parents," Max says just as she flips to the envelope with her old address written on it. "Are you going to read it?".

Sighing, Jordan shakes her head, "no, I'll just put them with the other ones."

Walking away from her parents wasn't at all difficult. When she was in rehab. Jordan expressed her desire to be honest with her parents about how they chose to be her managers versus her parents and how it affected her.

Instead of getting comfort and encouragement, she got judged and demanded. They treated her like a money maker rather than their daughter. She tried having family therapy with them, and they just wouldn't or couldn't admit to being a culprit of what was so wrong with her.

Jordan didn't hate her parents. She had even forgiven them. Unfortunately, though, they just weren't healthy people for her to be around.

In her eyes, they decided what kind of relationship they wanted to have with her. Their letters could have been a way for them to reach out, but she wasn't ready to face them.

This was the happiest and most at peace she's been in her life, and she was afraid opening that door to her parents was going to ruin everything.

"I got you your Snickers," Max gestured to the bag it was in.

While Jordan fished for it, he looked up, noticing the gray clouds suddenly coming in. "I think it's gonna rain."

"A Snickers and rain, it must be my lucky day," smiled Jordan.

She ripped open her candy bar, and Max whistled for the dogs as they headed up the porch.

The moment they reached the top, thunder crashes, and rain begins to pour out of the sky.

Jordan shook her head as they took in the relaxing view. "I watered the plans for nothing."

"Well, you looked hot doing it," Max made her blush.

She took a bite out of her Snickers as she let the dogs and Spot in first.

"Give me a bite," said Max.

"No," Jordan snapped with a smirk. "You were literally just at the store. Why didn't you get your own?"

"Because sharing is better," Max's response made her roll her eyes. "Come on, don't be like that."