Eighteen||Part Two

"Malevolence"

It didn't seem like he was enjoying the dance or like he was even paying attention. It seemed like he was looking through Iris—something that she wasn't used to and didn't know how to feel about it.

Choosing to stay quiet, she just kept moving her body nice and slow, hoping soon he was going to admit to being over it and let her leave.

It wasn't until Iris was behind him, sliding her hands down his shoulders, that he asked, "what's your name?"

Iris was a little surprised at his question but didn't stop dancing, "Iris, I'm the main act. I'm sure you heard it."

"Your real name," his reply caused her to freeze. He turned his head, looking into her dark eyes.

"What's yours?" she retorted, her eyes squinting a bit.

"McKinley, Logan McKinely."

He gave her a look, waiting for her to answer his question now.

"Well, Mr. McKinely, I'm still Iris," she kept her answer the same.

For the first time tonight, she was actually able to get a reaction out of him. Sure it was just a small smirk, but it was something. It was at this point, Iris knew something was up.

Clients didn't ask her questions, they get what they want, and they leave, but Mr. McKinely . . . he wasn't a typical client.

Standing in between his legs, Iris went to her knees, running her hands up his thighs.

"You know, your name sounds familiar," she could feel his muscles tighten as she rubbed. "I swear I've heard of a Logan McKinely."

"Really?" He placed both of his limbs on the arms of the chair.

"Really," Iris slid her hands up his biceps. "There's this story about this cop. He tried to take down the Big Boss. He got warnings, and he didn't take them. It was said, his wife and his little boy were found hanging from the ceiling of his living room."

Logan gulped, making it evident that Iris had hit a nerve.

"The cop, McKinley apparently disappeared, quit his force and everything. No one knows where he is. He could be alive . . . or dead . . . maybe even looking for vengeance."

Logan roughly took hold of her wrist, leaning forward, so their faces were only inches apart. "Where is he?"

"I don't know," Iris shrugged.

"You're lying," he gritted his teeth.

"And you're stupid."

Iris gestured her head to the side, and Logan followed her gaze to the security camera aiming right at them.

He sighed softly. Letting go of Iris' wrist, he grasps the back of her neck, tilting her head to the side, so her lips were in the crook of his neck.

Logan then placed her arms around him, "what, am I stupid for thinking you would tell me where he was, or stupid to come to the leader of his pack, his most valued asset?"

Her breath hitched as she felt his lips graze the top of her ear. "Are we still going to go with Iris, or are you going to tell me your real name? As a matter of fact, how about I just say it?"

Iris roughly pushed him back, scaring him a bit. There was an obscene look in her eyes as she crawled onto his lap, face forward.

She placed his hands on her hips. "I'm sorry about your kids, Mr. McKinely, but you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't know where he is."