Thirteen

"Summer in Sin City"

(A/N: Reality show type form, so the italics are confessionals)

It was a little after midnight in the Las Vegas vacation mansion. Six of the roommates had gone to the club, leaving Austin and Nyla at home.

The couple was cuddled up in Austin's bed, peacefully sleeping and unaware of the chaos about to enter the house.

Drunk, loud, and full of liquid courage, Tiara came into the house with her heels in her hands.

"We're back!!!!," she sang loudly, heading straight for the kitchen to find more alcohol.

Tired, annoyed, and not nearly as drunk as her, Juliana, Devin, Tyler, and Sara came trudging in after Tiara. Without a word, they all headed up to their rooms to get into their pajamas.

Juliana: So, we came home earlier than usual because Tiara got so drunk, she started getting crazy at the club. Some drama ensued, and that was our cue that it was time to go home."

Sara: Y'all already know, I can't stand a bitch that can't hold her liquor. Ooo, it makes me so mad! But I'm not even in the mood to deal with her. None of us are. We're all tired and just want to go to bed.

Leaving Tiara alone, everybody laid down in their respective beds and tried to get some sleep.

Having no problem being on her own, Tiara stayed in the kitchen. She kept on downing shots and downing shots and downing shots until she was ultimately out of control.

"This house is so boring!" she screamed, jumping on the living room couch. "What's wrong with you people? Let's party!"

For a minute or so, no one moved or got out of bed.

But when she showed no signs of calming down, Nyla finally sat up.

"Is she serious?" Austin turned over, annoyed.

Nyla took a deep breath, rubbing her eyes. She wasn't as agitated as her boyfriend, but she felt some type of way.

Getting up, she goes to check on everybody else.

The situation might be a little different if Tiara and some of the other housemates were trying to have a good time.

Different as in, Nyla wouldn't want to be a party pooper.

However, if most of the house was trying to rest, and Tiara was making noise all by herself. Then the least she could do is try to tone it down.

When Nyla peeked into the girls' room, she locked eyes with Sara.

"Somebody better get her," Sara put her pillow over her head.

Thoughtfully, Nyla returned to Austin, who was sitting up, tiredly.

"Everyone's trying to sleep," she crawled on the bed.

"So, it's just her downstairs, screaming like a maniac?"

Nyla nodded.

Nyla: I've had to create boundaries with Tiara. We never really hit it off, and when Austin decided that he liked me and didn't like her, that made more tension from her side. So, as much as I want to go downstairs and ask her to be quiet, I don't want to start anything. But then it's like, girl, come on, most of the house is trying to sleep, chill out. And, of course, everyone else will stay quiet and won't say anything to her either. No one wants the drama.

After a moment of brooding, Nyla gets up. "I'm going to ask her to quiet down."

Before Austin could comment, she was out of the room.