CHAPTER 29

Josephine had to carefully tell Rina about Taiskin coming, not wanting to worry her. Rina didn't talk about what happened, only refusing to leave her rooms until Taiskin was there. Rina was scared, understandably so. She was so scared that she didn't sleep alone, all her ladies-in-waiting were always with her now.

Taiskin was polite about the recent incident, though the small army of warriors behind him did make her uneasy. After formally welcoming him, Rave briefly appearing to acknowledge her half-brother.

Taiskin and Rina went on a walk around the gardens, much to the protest of Lina and Sonia. Josephine was annoyed at them for constantly telling her that Mow was better. They were interfering with her plans for Thinlin.

Rina did look rather happy after the ride with the prince. While Taiskin may not have been as beautiful as Rave or Leo, he was still quite handsome. And Rina was clearly in love with him. Josephine wished to have Rave's company again. While she didn't like Rave much, Rave was witty and charming to talk to.

As Rina and Taiskin returned, both of them smiling brightly. It would be a relief for Rina to get married quickly. She would also be close enough that Josephine would go see her if she needed to. Josephine needed Rina close and under her thumb for her plans.

"I shall take my leave, your majesty." Taiskin turned to Rina, "And yours, princess. It was my greatest honor to converse with you, my princess of hearts." He bowed to kiss her hand.

--

Rina was still shaking, thinking of Taiskin kissing her hand desperately wishing it was her lips instead. She had almost forgotten about her almost-kidnapping the week earlier. She squealed as she hugged Maryam, her chief lady-in-waiting.

"He is so handsome, my lady," Maryam said dreamily.

"I know." Rina giggled. A knock sounded on Rina's door and Lola, her second lady-in-waiting, rushed to open the door.

"Rina!" Sonia quickly came in and sat beside her, shooing Maryam away. "What do you think of him then?" She asked.

"He is quite charming," Rina said cautiously. "I think I have slowly been falling in love with him since that festival we went to in Bellayong."

"But is that really enough to marry him?" Sonia shook her head. "I do hope you know he does have the right to take other wives and concubines. He probably will. I heard he has an agreement with Leo's sister."

"No!" Rina protested, "Taiskin would never, he wouldn't!"

"Rave's mother is the Queen Consort, only because she is foreign, just like you," Sonia said smugly.

"You know nothing! All you've done is just tell me about Mow. Mow is nothing. Nothing! Compared to Taiskin." Rina yelled.

"How dare you!" Sonia got up and walked to the door. "When you are pushed aside for some Bellan whore, you will remember my words!"

--

Josephine had to admit, Bellayong's jewelry was truly beautifully made. Every piece of jewelry was picked out personally by the queens, who even gave some of their own pieces to Rina as a welcome to the family. What made Josephine happier was the bride price of five hundred thousand gold coins and countless bags of uncut gems. There were also two caravans of food and delicacies to feed them.

Irene and Rave were having all the goods organized and transported. Leo must have been better for Rave to finally appear. Josephine, too, was beyond relieved. "So I will be riding ahead with anything to the pleasure village to settle it all. Irene will remain to help Rina."

"When do you leave?" Josephine asked.

"Tomorrow. It will take all day to decide what to take to there and not." Rave turned to help a woman with a heavy box, conversing in Bellan with her. It was strange to Josephine, watching royal princesses carrying to doing heavy work alongside the common people. Irene and Rave were laughing, joking, and talking with all of them the entire time.