CHAPTER 23

Leo grunted, rubbing the already forming bruise on his thighs. Contyer had knocked him on his ass for what seemed like forever. He had done well until Contyer had knocked him down and gotten him eliminated. Though Ragnor was still in the competition. In fact, he was one of the last standing.

He limped over to Rave, who had moved to Aurilean's tent from her parents'. She was sitting on his lap, a goblet of wine in her hand that they both were sharing. They were disgustingly in love. "Leo!" Rave handed the goblet to Aurilean walked up to him. "Oh, my poor Raib. You keep getting knocked on your ass."

"Way to rub it in, Princess." He poked her.

"Don't sulk too much now. I'll have them get you all the food you want." She held his hand and walked him over to the cushioned floor. "Sit."

He groaned loudly as pain flared through his body. "You alright, Leo?" Aurilean asked, actual concern on his face.

"Yes, Contyer is quite competitive."

"Yes, I know." He said.

Rave pulled the leather that held his hair out of his face. His scalp was burning from having his hair pulled away from his face for so long. He rubbed his scalp. "I'll go get you something to eat and drink."

"Is Rave alright, Leo? She wasn't her usual self today." Aurilean was watching her away.

"She's fine. She's just nervous." Leo didn't think Aurilean would like his answers. "She doesn't want to let go of Bellayong."

"Is she having second thoughts on our marriage?" He looked anxious.

"No," Leo shook his head. "You know how she is. She worries about her mother. Queen Consort Cressida, she was a great mother, and Rave, she is a devoted daughter."

"I don't want her to be unhappy, Leo. I've already made her so unhappy." Aurilean was talking about Archad. It had been a messy situation. Rave had hated Aurilean. For nearly six months, she realized neither of them had any choice regarding this matter.

"She doesn't even mention Archad. And she's in love with you, Prince Aurilean. There are some things that Rave sort out on her own first."

--

Rave sat on the overstuffed chair beside her bed. Leo was still fast asleep. He had already been limping, but she suspected his injuries worse after Ragnor defeated Contyer last night. After a few drinks, they had tumbled into a closet. The sounds were enough for Rave to realize exactly how they were enjoying themselves. Maybe Ragnor was making up to Leo.

Afterward, she had managed to drag a half-drunken Leo to their bed and held his drunken ass down as the priestess applied healing pastes to him.

Rave had woken up hours ago. She couldn't sleep recently. It always felt like she wouldn't have enough time to do things. They had one more week left in Bellayong and then she would return to Thinlin. This time, with Irene to help her. They would secure the marriage contract and finish this whole ordeal together.

After a while, Rave decided to head over to Aurilean's chambers. The Raynerian guards didn't stop her but she did have to wait. The guard in front of her knocked on Aurilean's doors. It was the afternoon now. "Will his magnificent highness see his poor lovely wife?" Rave quirked a brow.

"Oh, he will. He just wanted you to know that he is bathing." Ragnor walked out of the room. He winked at her.

Rave grabbed his arm. "If you hurry, you just might be able to wake up Leo." His answering grin was anything but innocent. "Do be gentle, because he is still sore."

Aurilean's apartments smelled heavily of citrus perfumes he used. There were also fresh-cut flowers in every vase of his room. A request she had personally made. She made her way to the bathing room.

Aurilean was soaking in a copper tube, conveniently big enough to hold two people. Another personal request by Rave. "My darling." He smiled at her.

Rave felt her body tingle, he looked delicious. "Good afternoon, my princeling."

Aurilean leaned his head back. "Is there a reason for you to grace me with your presence, or am I dreaming?"

Rave sat on the stool by his head. No doubt Ragnor had been cleaning Aurilean's hair. She picked up the discarded brush and combed through his hair. "Do I need a reason to see my husband?"

He hummed, "My sweetheart." You must have a reason though. Tell me, did you miss me?"

She tugged on his hair none too gently. "You know me too well."

He laughed, his deep voice echoing off the wall. "You better pray Ragnor doesn't tire Leo out." He licked his lip. "Because when I'll be done with you, let's say, you will need to be carried away."