CHAPTER 6

"I'm still not completely sure why your father is so adamant on making allies of Thinlinytes. It was clear that they already belong to those Duaetiveans." Prim scoffed.

"He thinks if he can make a match between Taiskin and Rina. Then he can make permanent allies of Thinlin. We already have a good relationship with Rayner and Duaetive is on better terms with us now. Thinlin is the only one left now." Rave said in Bellan, they already knew the walls had cavities, just big enough for a spy.

"What if Rina refuses?" Ib asked.

"With a bride price of a hundred thousand gold pieces? Fredrick would throttle Josephine if she refused." Rave replied.

"Well still-" Ib's voice was cut off as a piece of hail crashed against the window.

"This damned weather," Leo muttered under his breath.

"It is awful, I want to go back home." Rave pouted.

"You just want to be back in Aurilean's arms." Prim teased her.

"As if you don't want to be in Chan's arms too." Rave retorted.

__

Josephine was admittedly too excited at the idea of seeing Leo naked. Lina had recently described what she has when passing through the long-forgotten tunnels that were used to spy on conniving emissaries. Now Lina, Sonia, and Darei used it to get about the palace. And knowing them, they definitely used it to spy on others for gossip and blackmail.

Lina had described Leo as a god, beautifully sculpted body, and very manly. Josephine was an admirer of Leo's, along with just about everyone in Thinlin. Rave, by comparison, didn't have as many admirers. Though only the highest of those in Thinlin had dared to come anywhere close to her. When a man of Leo's size is glaring down at you, Josephine could imagine being scared for her life as well.

Josephine shuddered at what she had imagined Leo looking like. Rave apparently shared his bed quite often. Enough that when Lina and Josephine had finally positioned themselves behind the walls with little spyholes in them, Rave and Leo had already started.

Her view of Leo sent sparks up and down Josephine's body. Leo was sitting on the edge of the bed. His glorious body was gleaming with sweat. His face was concentrated yet grimacing. His hair was in dismay around him. Between his legs was Rave, though Josephine could only imagine from the noises what she was doing.

Leo jerked and moaned, his hand pulling on Rave's hair. Rave finally stood up, Leo panting and groaning in her wake. Rave had a very similar body, she was lean and muscular. It was clear Rave was a warrior. Long scars marred her back, Josephine wondered what they were from. Leo stood up as well, almost feverishly pulling Rave towards him. He kissed her so passionately and lovingly that Josephine could feel the burn of jealousy.

Josephine looked away, ashamed and jealous. How could she watch something so intimate and private? Whatever this was, it was clearly between Rave and Leo. Why would Leo even look at Josephine when he had someone as pretty and nice as Rave? Josephine tried to stifle that jealous fire in her, yet it didn't go. Did she not deserve better?

Rave wasn't even a proper princess. How could she get so much? Could Josephine ask for Leo's hand? No, it was a stupid idea. Leo was Rave's guardian, he couldn't just marry Josephine, or could he? As Josephine and Lina walked back, she made a mental note to ask Rave later